• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyH

JimmyH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 TDCI ST
Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

I am looking to buy a 55 plate ST TDCI Mondeo. Had one before until someone wrote it off from behind.

However when I test drove this next one I noticed the front and rear heated window button lights came on when I turned the engine on. I have been told by the seller that this is suppossed to happen as automatically linked to the temperature. My old 54 plate ST did not do this (admittedly it is very cold at the mo)...

Is this right?

Also - any ideas why the heated seats wouldn't be working... what needs checking?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 craggy

craggy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

I am looking to buy a 55 plate ST TDCI Mondeo. Had one before until someone wrote it off from behind.

However when I test drove this next one I noticed the front and rear heated window button lights came on when I turned the engine on. I have been told by the seller that this is suppossed to happen as automatically linked to the temperature. My old 54 plate ST did not do this (admittedly it is very cold at the mo)...

Is this right?

Also - any ideas why the heated seats wouldn't be working... what needs checking?

i have read somewhere that some models do that, but i honestly can't be certain if its the mk3 0r mk4 models, only thing i can suggest is test driving another 55 st tdci model somewhere else and see if it's the same, not sure about the seat.

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

it is normal for the front and rear screen heaters come on automatically at below 4deg when the car is started, the seats not working could be the fuse or relay playing up.

#4 JimmyH

JimmyH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

it is normal for the front and rear screen heaters come on automatically at below 4deg when the car is started, the seats not working could be the fuse or relay playing up.

#5 JimmyH

JimmyH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Heated windows --- Is this something they added to the Facelift model? My 54 plate one did not do this even when zero degrees or below.

#6 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Heated windows --- Is this something they added to the Facelift model? My 54 plate one did not do this even when zero degrees or below.

if the ice warning light is red or amber after my heater plugs are ready my 54 plate mkiii 2.0 tdci does put on both front and rear screen heaters when i start the engine

#7 sooty

sooty

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: david
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci estate
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

yep same as mine ---i have an 06 mk 3 and both front and rear come on automatically, very surprised at first as didn't know this happened.

#8 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

yep same as mine ---i have an 06 mk 3 and both front and rear come on automatically, very surprised at first as didn't know this happened.

personally the defrost button on the heater (which doesnt come on automatically) i find does a very efficient job of clearing the windscreen particularly in the icy conditions of late!

#9 Politzmajster

Politzmajster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK3 TDCI
Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

I have 55 reg Ghia X and mine are turning on automatically, though not always. If it's cold but dry and the windscreen is clear they don't seem to come up, rain sensor maybe?

Chris, defrost button is nice but electric windscreen is simply noiseless.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users