Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated windscreen and seats

JimmyH

I am looking to buy a 55 plate ST TDCI Mondeo. Had one before until someone wrote it off from behind.

However when I test drove this next one I noticed the front and rear heated window button lights came on when I turned the engine on. I have been told by the seller that this is suppossed to happen as automatically linked to the temperature. My old 54 plate ST did not do this (admittedly it is very cold at the mo)...

Is this right?

Also - any ideas why the heated seats wouldn't be working... what needs checking?

I am looking to buy a 55 plate ST TDCI Mondeo. Had one before until someone wrote it off from behind.

However when I test drove this next one I noticed the front and rear heated window button lights came on when I turned the engine on. I have been told by the seller that this is suppossed to happen as automatically linked to the temperature. My old 54 plate ST did not do this (admittedly it is very cold at the mo)...

Is this right?

Also - any ideas why the heated seats wouldn't be working... what needs checking?

i have read somewhere that some models do that, but i honestly can't be certain if its the mk3 0r mk4 models, only thing i can suggest is test driving another 55 st tdci model somewhere else and see if it's the same, not sure about the seat.

it is normal for the front and rear screen heaters come on automatically at below 4deg when the car is started, the seats not working could be the fuse or relay playing up.

it is normal for the front and rear screen heaters come on automatically at below 4deg when the car is started, the seats not working could be the fuse or relay playing up.

Heated windows --- Is this something they added to the Facelift model? My 54 plate one did not do this even when zero degrees or below.

Heated windows --- Is this something they added to the Facelift model? My 54 plate one did not do this even when zero degrees or below.

if the ice warning light is red or amber after my heater plugs are ready my 54 plate mkiii 2.0 tdci does put on both front and rear screen heaters when i start the engine

yep same as mine ---i have an 06 mk 3 and both front and rear come on automatically, very surprised at first as didn't know this happened.

yep same as mine ---i have an 06 mk 3 and both front and rear come on automatically, very surprised at first as didn't know this happened.

personally the defrost button on the heater (which doesnt come on automatically) i find does a very efficient job of clearing the windscreen particularly in the icy conditions of late!

• 2 weeks later...

I have 55 reg Ghia X and mine are turning on automatically, though not always. If it's cold but dry and the windscreen is clear they don't seem to come up, rain sensor maybe?

Chris, defrost button is nice but electric windscreen is simply noiseless.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club