• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

miotk

A/C comes on when starting engine

For some reason on my Fiesta ST-Line whenever I start the engine the AC turns itself on, baring in mind I never use the AC anyway.

Does it do this for anyone else? If so, what is the fix?

Thanks

Think it depends on what setting you have it on so if you have set it to blow on the front window only AC comes on but if you have it on your feet and window AC does not come on, also if you turn it all the way down the AC can also turn on then. Try a few different settings.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Think it depends on what setting you have it on so if you have set it to blow on the front window only AC comes on but if you have it on your feet and window AC does not come on, also if you turn it all the way down the AC can also turn on then. Try a few different settings.

Thank you, I'll try this. Didn't realise it did that, I'll have a look when I get back it in thanks!

3 hours ago, Tiexen said:

You should use - if you don't it will stop working

Incorrect. Use is entirely optional. 

The warning is that if not used occasionally it might not work when you want it: but if used a lot when it is not needed, it gets smelly.

5 minutes ago, David73 said:

Incorrect. Use is entirely optional. 

The warning is that if not used occasionally it might not work when you want it: but if used a lot when it is not needed, it gets smelly.

So you agree with me: "if not used occasionally it might not work when you want it" OP said he "never uses it"

I find it strange that it comes on in all these circumstances.   Mine only ever comes on when I switch it on.

This puzzled me at the start too but seems to be auto AC on when the pointed towards the windscreen. 

Anywhere else and it is at the last user setting. 

18 minutes ago, TomBoyNI said:

This puzzled me at the start too but seems to be auto AC on when the pointed towards the windscreen. 

Anywhere else and it is at the last user setting. 

When used in conjunction with heated windscreen in winter it melts the ice extremely quickly