Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera ???

Wiig

I have a FF 2.0 2006 GHIA

I have fitted an aftermarket radio with Android.

There is reverse camera option on it.

But not installed camera on the car , yet.

In the beginning when i sat the car in reverse the screen vent black and indicating that the car was in the reverse.

But now it is only doing it ones in a while , so something is wrong .

My question is , what is activating the camera option , on my car ??????

Wiig

Did you have a little brown box with your new car stereo's wiring? If so, that is the CAN-BUS adapter. That's what reads information from your car, like when you put it in reverse and so on. 

If it worked before and now it does it only sometimes, there might be something wrong with the wiring or the box itself. Check if all the cables are properly attached and there are no "breaks" in them when you put in the stereo inside the dash. 

If there is no box with your wiring, or you don't have it connected, there should be a wire on your stereo's harness that's marked "REAR CAM" or similar, which needs 12V signal from reverse gear and that sends the signal to the stereo to display the rear cam image. If this is your case, then depending on how you wired it, it might need re-wiring, if it's attached poorly. 

Keep in mind, that you can only use one of these methods at the same time, otherwise it would cause issues with the electrical system in your car, for example, the reverse light would stay on even when the reverse gear is not in, or so...

If you need further help, let us know what kind of connection from above do you use, that will give a better perspective on the problem.

There is a little box with the new radio.

I will check the cables in a couple of days.

Wiig

• 4 weeks later...

I have cheked the cables , and they are fine.

But i now have noticed that the rear window wiper does not turn one time when i put it in reverse , when the front window wiper has been activated , i hope someone know what i mean.

It used to be like when the front wiper is activated , and i at some time put it in reverse , the rear wiper run for one time .

The rear wiper does work when i activate it on the wiper arm.

So i think there is something wrong when i put it in reverse , a sensor , or something like that.

Wiig

Sounds like you might have a faulty reverse switch. Not sure where it is on Fords but my old (non ford) car had a fault where if I was too gentle putting it in reverse the lights wouldn’t go on. Next time the wipers don’t work check that the lights are coming on. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club