Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puddle and edge light

mcfcjoe

Gents

can someone please confirm that the electric handbreak has to be on for the edge light on the door sill and the puddle light to come on. I am sure before they did the curtain recall I didn't have to ensure the handbreak was on for them to work .

thanks Joe 

I've got an 210PS Auto, for them to work it has to be in 'Park'. Doesn't matter if the e-handbrake is on or off.

Thanks. My e-handbreak has to on for them to work....very strange indeed..

Is yours Auto or Manual? I could understand if it was a manual as an Auto box effectively locks the transmission in park.

Yes mine is a manual ....does anyone else have a manual with the same lights as me ?

If you have MANUAL transmission the hand brake needs to be ON before the puddle lights come on.  It cidded me for a while. It's a shame the hand brake doesn't come on automatically when you stop the engine on the button.

Now if you want some really bright  puddle light try these.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311933700878

I have a manual MY17 model and the puddle lights/door sill lighting go on and off with the hand brake.

It seems universal that puddle lights and sill lights do not operate on a manual model, unless the handbrake is set or on an auto model, unless it's in park.   If anyone has a result other than this, then please post it. 

3 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

It seems universal that puddle lights and sill lights do not operate on a manual model, unless the handbrake is set or on an auto model, unless it's in park.   If anyone has a result other than this, then please post it. 

Logical, if you think about it.

• Like 2