Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 stereo

officialsimon

Hi, new to this forum.

I have a recently acquired 2012 plate Fiesta Edge Mk6 (7? - bit confused about Fiesta Marks after 6...) 2012 and it has the basic stereo with the sound button in the place where on higher models there is the bluetooth phone button.  I was looking at getting a higher model stereo unit off eBay with the phone button in the hope that the bluetooth will then work.  I have noticed from looking around that the range of stereos has a huge range of different connections at the back of the CD unit and I have virtually given up hope of finding one with the correct connections AND the phone button on the front panel.

But I then had a thought, is the bluetooth wizardry just in the front panel and would therefore just buying the front panel solve my problem, because the connections on the back of the front panel to the cd unit all look the same?  Would a new front panel just plug and play and hey presto Bob's your teapot happy days?

Is there anything here that I am failing to take account of?  Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

Well you might have done better posting in the fiesta section mate. Maybe we could ask @Stoney871 or @alexp999 very nicely if they could please move it and maybe you'll have better luck.

Also @JW1982 is extremely knowledgeable about modules and things for the focus and hopefully he can shed some light on your issue if that knowledge extends to fiestas.

Personally, going by what I've read, the stereo systems are usually comprised of separate modules which may or may not exist in your car.

For example I believe people who wanted to upgrade the focus stereo not only had to get the unit itself and fascia but also the bluetooth, GPS and (I think) the Sync modules which were external.

I can't be sure that that would be your problem but I would imagine that simply adding in the button would be something Ford would avoid so that an upgrade wouldn't be too easy.

Stick with us pal and I'm sure we can get you an answer.

EDIT:: in fact rereading your first post suggests more to me that this IS your problem.

The reason you can't find the right combination of things could be that those extra connections on a bluetooth unit that you don't require maybe go to these modules I'm talking about?

I don't know about the radio. I can tell you  the car is a Mk7 going by UK designations, but would be called a mk6 in some countries.  The UK got one mark ahead of others when the mk4 came out, which was a mk3 facelift in some other countries. It gets very confusing when looking for parts on eBay as a lot of stuff on there uses the non-uk designation (ie Mk6 for your car)

Ford don't officially use the MK system which is where the confusion often arises.

They go by year of introduction only.