Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OMG, ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

calmcdermott

I ordered a brand new ST-3 off them and when they screwed up the paperwork multiple times, I cancelled the order. They claimed I couldn't and that they were keeping my deposit of £350 as a result. I was 21 at the time and embarrassed their supposed senior manager by quoting the law to him and correcting his mistakes, much to his annoyance. At this point they still refused to give me my deposit.

Called the credit card company, money returned via charge-back, with interest as well, so Ford actually lost out by £6.50 and a £22,000 car.

On another occasion, it took one of their mechanics four attempts to balance a 14" wheel on my old Fiesta. Granted it was a Rapid Fit, but nonetheless - they sucked big time. My family, all Ford owners, now refuse to go there after various instances of disgraceful customer service.

Almost as bad as Polar Ford in Warrington, who should be ashamed of themselves for making a deal on a forecourt for 'the lowest they can do', only for their website to already be £500 cheaper before any discounts. I told their sales manager where they could shove it when he pestered me for the sale.

The bad dealers are out there - that's for sure!

The dealer at Hendy in Fareham kept telling me the delays were "down to a shortage of side skirts"...then "bodykit" in general...and finally "they can't build them quick enough - everyone wants the new Fiesta". This week however - he tells me it's all Ford themselves's fault as they're pretty crap at getting build/delivery times anywhere near those originally given to a customer. In other words; pluck a date out of the air & your car may (or may not) arrive on this date! Either way - your guess is as good as there's.

To be honest - buying a new car should be a very exciting, pleasurable experience. It's not something any one of us do very often. My 'buying experience' from Ford however has been a nightmare from start to finish & in all honesty - no matter how good my new Titanium turns out to be - I will think long & hard before handing over my hard-earned cash to Ford again. I never had these new car problems/fibs when I went to Vauxhall or Citroen in the past - quite the opposite infact.

Ford spend millions on developing brand new models, flashy showrooms & nice glossy brochures that entice you. Perhaps they should divert more funds & increase training for their sales staff...

Ordered mine 21st May last year during 1st week of scrappage scheme.

Finally picked it up on 24th September. Just over 4 months! :o

WOW and I was complaining about my wait! i would have cancelled it by then and gone for another make of car.

Did consider this, but I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else for an equivalent car & my old car was still tootling along. Bought it through dealdrivers from GK Group in Chesterfield. Ford list price at the time of ordering was £15685, got it for £11600 with scrappage :D

List price when I actually collected the car was £16285 :o now it's £16745 with £500 Ford customer saving!

None of my local Ford dealers could get anywhere close to the price I paid even with scrappage.

Drove 60 miles to the dealers to pick up Fifi :lol: Loved the car the minute I set eyes on her & the drive home was so sweeeet :)

Pics of old & new car side by side:

LPIC0005.jpg

LPIC0002.jpg

Gotta love the white :wub:

Nightowl - I am inclined to think your problem was with the dealers and not Ford - I have a very similar spec to yours and while mine was a relatively long wait (14 weeks) yours has been rediculous. Even if Ford had lost the order, as long as the dealer was keeping on the case for it, then I am sure that it would not have slipped so much.

Wow thats quick! I was thinking about one but I would have felt like my Grandad lol!

Btw i like the statement about ur car in ur signiture thing, everytime I see a fiesta like yours that pops in ma head everytime, love it!

Cheers! One of the statements is wrong, the heater is kick !Removed!

LPIC0002.jpg

erm...a bit of a change for you then!!

erm...a bit of a change for you then!!

After a long and careful deliberation I think the Fez's a bit better. ;)

Looking at your pics Andy I need to go and wash my car - I'd forgotten that it ever looked that good!

Yea your car is gogeous Andy, picked mine up today after paying a huge deposit, I love the car, so fast and omg the leather interior is fantastic!!! unfortunatley with the weather the car is already filthy!!! The dealer told me they didnt fit the after market bluetooth as i requested, got in the car and they have fitted it but not charged me for it (so far) also did anyone else get a cleaning kit with theres? also I didnt get any manuals with it, might have to pop back down tomorrow and get one?

thanks all!

After a long and careful deliberation I think the Fez's a bit better. ;)

Looking at your pics Andy I need to go and wash my car - I'd forgotten that it ever looked that good!

With all the crap from the roads with the mix of snow, slush & grit I've almost forgotten that she ever looked that good myself! She's not been near a wash mitt for 3 weeks.

Finally got a chance to give Fifi a quick wash today & after a quick spritz of AG Express Wax in the fading daylight she is now nice & shiny again :D

Someone mentioned Polar Ford in Warrington being useless, must agree from my experience. I took the car in for a small paint repair job under warranty the week after I got it in September.

There was a small paint chip around the badge on the boot which I noticed while cleaning the car the first weekend after I got it.

fiestabadgechip.jpg

It is quite obvious to me that this was caused when the badge was fitted as if you look closely there is a bit sticking out of the side of the badge in line with the chip.

Took the car in to Polar Ford in Warrington the next Tuesday as I was off work. The repair shop manager inspected it & agreed to do the repair under warranty with a courtesy car provided, said I should hear from them with a date to bring it in within 3 weeks. Needless to say after 4 weeks I had still not heard from them so phoned them to inquire about it & was told some one would call me back. 2 weeks later I had heard nothing from them so phoned again, blah..blah...blah somehow been missed, promised a call back again.

Can you guess whether they called me back? Yup, that's right, not a dicky bird. Went in to see them on a day off from work & after some BS apology was given a date of 6th Jan to bring the car in. Got a call on the 5th to say they had no courtesy cars available & blamed it on the snow!

Said they would call me to give a new date & still waiting :angry:

With all the crap from the roads with the mix of snow, slush & grit I've almost forgotten that she ever looked that good myself! She's not been near a wash mitt for 3 weeks.

Finally got a chance to give Fifi a quick wash today & after a quick spritz of AG Express Wax in the fading daylight she is now nice & shiny again :D

Someone mentioned Polar Ford in Warrington being useless, must agree from my experience. I took the car in for a small paint repair job under warranty the week after I got it in September.

There was a small paint chip around the badge on the boot which I noticed while cleaning the car the first weekend after I got it.

fiestabadgechip.jpg

It is quite obvious to me that this was caused when the badge was fitted as if you look closely there is a bit sticking out of the side of the badge in line with the chip.

Took the car in to Polar Ford in Warrington the next Tuesday as I was off work. The repair shop manager inspected it & agreed to do the repair under warranty with a courtesy car provided, said I should hear from them with a date to bring it in within 3 weeks. Needless to say after 4 weeks I had still not heard from them so phoned them to inquire about it & was told some one would call me back. 2 weeks later I had heard nothing from them so phoned again, blah..blah...blah somehow been missed, promised a call back again.

Can you guess whether they called me back? Yup, that's right, not a dicky bird. Went in to see them on a day off from work & after some BS apology was given a date of 6th Jan to bring the car in. Got a call on the 5th to say they had no courtesy cars available & blamed it on the snow!

That is really poor customer service.

Looks like someone has tried to steal your badge with a screwdriver :lol:

See my last rant as to how I feel about Polar Ford. Absolute douche-bags in Warrington. That said, Polar in Macclesfield were a lot better and even though they too seemed to never have courtesy cars, they would always drive me to work and come and pick me up. I guess Polar are just dipsticks regarding courtesy cars.

Thst really bad actually, I hate it when dealers fob you off!!!! I need to clean mine now and only had it for 4 days, filthy inside and out. Oh well im actually looking forward to washing him (yes I know uts sad I wanna wash my car but i like stuff bin clean).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club