Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR blanking

frund

I fitted a EGR blanking plate on my fiesta 2008 1.6 tdci a few years ago and it goes well. Been all over southern ireland never missed a beat. (beer's a bit pricey there but A great place.)

I also have a 2014  1.5 tdci fiesta. Hmm. This is running a bit dirty on emissions.

Is there any way to cut out the EGR using a  Plate or  bypass the whole crap idea. 

Comments welcome.

different egr type, so blanking is not possible as far as im aware.
how do you know its dirty on emmisions?

Failed MOT, tank additive, re-took Mot Just passed. Will change driving habits have bought baseball hat. I thought blanking EGR would be the way to go as my wifes car is very good engine wise.

This subject seems to be a bit difficult as the technology is not overly well known. It would appear the best way is to REmap. Increasing the parts Air and lessening the parts EGR gas. by volume. This in turn will improve combustion heat reducing soot but increasing other gasses like NOx . Weather this will turn out ok remains to be seen. But I will keep a safe copy of original map in case of difficulty. 

Mourning today due to Citys lucky 5 nil win over Liverpool.

• 1 year later...

did you ever get to the bottom of the black smoke issue, mine has only just passed the mot due to black smoke. 2014 1.5tdci

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club