Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Frozen White Zetec S MK7.5 build thread

LJAM

Hi all. I have recently turned 17 and been lucky enough to buy this 2014 Zetec S. 

This thread will consist of my cars journey to my desired result and questions for advice. 

IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2634.PNG

IMG_2635.PNG

• Like 1

To get things started could anyone help me/link me to a tutorial on how to:

Debadge the ecoboost badge

Where I can get lights for my rear reg plate 

Recomendations for a new exhaust that is not too loud but sounds nice! 

nice looking car @LJAM,if it was me i think i'd move the s badge a bit more to the bottom right.

for  reg plate lights try autobeam.co.uk or ceuk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tootles said:

nice looking car @LJAM,if it was me i think i'd move the s badge a bit more to the bottom right.

for  reg plate lights try autobeam.co.uk or ceuk.

Thanks for the reply mate! Yeah I think so too! Cheers for the referal.

Go for dark grey rather than black wheels, I've got an st-line and think the colour is much better

• Like 1

I really admire the white fiesta's, they always look nice, especially with dark alloys. What I would say about your list is in regards to the black tinted headlights.

I personally can't stand seeing it on cars (personally), I think it just screams cheap/chaviness to me. But it's not about what I prefer of course, I thought I'd just throw that in there. More importantly, just be careful about doing it. If you go to dark, you could potentially be breaking the law if it's deemed as not safe. If stopped by the police, they could potentially seize your car if they really wanted to, on the basis that it isn't roadsafe. So if you do it, just ensure it's not too much and actually emits a good level of light still. Plus you want your car to be safe still and avoid any accidents.

Other than that, as I say white fiesta's in general I really desire. I have a red edition ST-Line Mk7.5...I'm still undecided between whether I prefer mine or a pure white st-line :blink::tongue:

The headlights in he Fiesta are so poor that I personally wouldn't make them any worse by tinting them. 

Agree with the wheel comments. Grey looks better against the white. Black just seems to blend into the tyres/general arch darkness 

IMG_4478.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/09/2017 at 11:27 AM, HappyJam said:

I really admire the white fiesta's, they always look nice, especially with dark alloys. What I would say about your list is in regards to the black tinted headlights.

I personally can't stand seeing it on cars (personally), I think it just screams cheap/chaviness to me. But it's not about what I prefer of course, I thought I'd just throw that in there. More importantly, just be careful about doing it. If you go to dark, you could potentially be breaking the law if it's deemed as not safe. If stopped by the police, they could potentially seize your car if they really wanted to, on the basis that it isn't roadsafe. So if you do it, just ensure it's not too much and actually emits a good level of light still. Plus you want your car to be safe still and avoid any accidents.

Other than that, as I say white fiesta's in general I really desire. I have a red edition ST-Line Mk7.5...I'm still undecided between whether I prefer mine or a pure white st-line :blink::tongue:

Cheers for the reply, tbh I'm not sure I want them that much. I saw really dark ones today which put me off them quite a lot. 

I was torn between the red edition or white. I literally couldn't make a decision had to go to opinions from friends and family and white was the result! :)

On 12/09/2017 at 6:39 PM, ThaiFiesta said:

The headlights in he Fiesta are so poor that I personally wouldn't make them any worse by tinting them. 

Agree with the wheel comments. Grey looks better against the white. Black just seems to blend into the tyres/general arch darkness 

IMG_4478.JPG

Yes these do look very nice. However, I must say my mind is pretty much fixed on black. I called up a local place and their offering £80 wheel surly that's way over priced. How much did you pay for yours. 

P.s if I were to spray my calipers. What colour do you think would suit the white? 

@HappyJam @ThaiFiesta @sioneon

Go black or silver calipers, don't do red, it will look daft without the rears being the same. £80 is double what I paid each corner for getting them powder coated black.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LJAM said:

Yes these do look very nice. However, I must say my mind is pretty much fixed on black. I called up a local place and their offering £80 wheel surly that's way over priced. How much did you pay for yours. 

P.s if I were to spray my calipers. What colour do you think would suit the white? 

Mine came the grey colour. 

Calipers - depends if you want them to stand out or blend in. If stand out then match them to your "theme" colour. But leave the rear drums black. 

11 hours ago, LJAM said:

Cheers for the reply, tbh I'm not sure I want them that much. I saw really dark ones today which put me off them quite a lot. 

I was torn between the red edition or white. I literally couldn't make a decision had to go to opinions from friends and family and white was the result! :)

To be honest, only reason I went for the red edition over the white version is because the garage were able to offer me a much better deal including the city pack, for some reason. I dont mind too much to be fair..at least with the red edition you don't notice dirt quite as much as if it were white...(albeit I still wash my car like every other weekend...)

On 9/11/2017 at 8:57 AM, LJAM said:

To get things started could anyone help me/link me to a tutorial on how to:

Debadge the ecoboost badge

Where I can get lights for my rear reg plate 

Recomendations for a new exhaust that is not too loud but sounds nice! 

taking the badges off is pretty easy mate ;boiling water, pour it over it, get some fishing line and slowly move it up and down and across and it will take the sticky back off the car. Take it easy though as you dont want the paint coming off too.

Lights for rear reg plate - Eba, make sure they are LED ones, they're super bright. 

13 hours ago, LJAM said:

Honestly I'd leave your brake calipers. As they saying sometimes goes..less is more! I think with some black alloys on the car contrasting with the white body paint, you'll love the finish. Can always just do that I suppose and then look at the calipers and decide if they need a colour change. I think once you have the black alloys on though, you'll want to leave them.

On an unrelated side note, have you thought about upgrading the lights on it, seeing as the headlights on the fiesta's are pretty poor in my opinion. I'm currently looking at the moment myself at getting an autobeam LED full upgrade kit: https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/full-upgrade-kit-premium-3?variant=31118009169

Out of interest, what version of the 1.0l ecoboost is the car? Is it the 125ps?

On 15/09/2017 at 11:24 AM, HappyJam said:

Out of interest, what version of the 1.0l ecoboost is the car? Is it the 125ps?

It is 1.0l ecoboost 140 bhp!

On 15/09/2017 at 11:20 AM, HappyJam said:

Honestly I'd leave your brake calipers. As they saying sometimes goes..less is more! I think with some black alloys on the car contrasting with the white body paint, you'll love the finish. Can always just do that I suppose and then look at the calipers and decide if they need a colour change. I think once you have the black alloys on though, you'll want to leave them.

On an unrelated side note, have you thought about upgrading the lights on it, seeing as the headlights on the fiesta's are pretty poor in my opinion. I'm currently looking at the moment myself at getting an autobeam LED full upgrade kit: https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/full-upgrade-kit-premium-3?variant=31118009169

Id love to see what the upgraded headlights look like if you do it!

On 15/09/2017 at 10:14 AM, fraserrg said:

taking the badges off is pretty easy mate ;boiling water, pour it over it, get some fishing line and slowly move it up and down and across and it will take the sticky back off the car. Take it easy though as you dont want the paint coming off too.

Lights for rear reg plate - Eba, make sure they are LED ones, they're super bright. 

Cheers mate!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep my car looking cleaner for longer after a wash? I've seen on the forums there is something I can buy which helps stop dirt???

+ Everytime I go to drive my car it is covered with flies (as they are attracted to the bright white shine) Any idea how i can stop them from commuting on my car? Im guessing spray but is that ok to put on the car?

Regarding the removal of the badges, it is actually easier if you use a hairdryer and some fishing wire then some 'sticky stuff' remover or tar spot remover. Heat the badge for several minutes with the hairdryer and then get a piece of fishing wire behind the badge and slide it from one end of the badge to the other using an up and down motion (like a saw blade). The badge will come off nice and easy, then use whatever you have to remove the remains of the glue, paintwork should be fine. There is very little chance of you damaging the paint doing this, providing you don't use a screwdriver to remove the rest of the glue [emoji6]

Team Heko wind deflectors can be bought on eBay or the Climair ones are Fords chosen brand. There is little to know differences in the two.

When doing the number plate lights my advice is get a full replacement unit, not a bulb upgrade. Again, eBay is your friend for these. The full unit will have LEDs already in them and should work out better in the long run.

You should 'de-tango' the front and rear light too, silvervision are my preferred bulbs for this.

Headlight bulbs can be upgraded too, for the side/parking lights I'd use CREE bulbs and for the dipped beam I'd suggest Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker Laser.

Internal LED Bulbs are cheapest on eBay, don't forget the light in your glovebox and also the boot.

Consider pressed metal plates too, there is an offer on eBay just now for a set of pressed plates for £14.99 inc p&p. I know several people who got them from this particular seller and they are very good.

Gel overlay badges will look good too, black badges with white writing would be my choice. You can do the front and rear badges and also the wheel centres.

If you want advice on parts or 'how to' then I would suggest you create a new topic for each query using a good descriptive title. That way your request will reach more people and if anyone else has the same query it will help them if they need to search for an answer

Nice motor by the way [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LJAM said:

It is 1.0l ecoboost 140 bhp!

I was about to do a photoshop on this to show you black wheels, but I believe there's a wee bend in the truth on your above statement is there not? 😉

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Pd2 said:

I was about to do a photoshop on this to show you black wheels, but I believe there's a wee bend in the truth on your above statement is there not? 😉

So out if interest...I may have done some digging online just to find out what I type it is.

First thing I'd say is @LJAM - if you're driving it..get your car taxed buddy! ;)

The car is also the 120PS/125PS ecoboost version. Again...sorry for prying but I was just very interested! Still...get your car taxed ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyJam said:

get your car taxed buddy

just looked too its £0 easy too do

@LJAM just looked on a total car check, and both disks are worn, they are ok as it was an advisory but me being me i would of changed them, just a bit extra safety. nice looking motor, if you want some ideas have a gander at my build thread in my bio below \/

• Like 1