Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Advice] Fiesta ST-Line Rust?

HappyJam

Hi all,

First off my knowledge of cars isnt the greatest...although I know what I like.

Besides that, basically Ive had mt Mk7.5 fiesta st-line since January 2017 (Love it, its awesome)

Today I noticed under the bonnet, what appears to be some rust appear. I think it's attached to the turbo (again not really knowing what Im talking about). Ive seen people have rust issues with the tubes connecting, however mine appear fine. It seems to be a different part. Well..takes a look at the pictures and see for yourself.

Is it worth me taking it into ford to have a look at? Or is this something that is expected/nothing to worry about?

Thanks for any help

20170911_171715.jpg

20170911_171719.jpg

This part that is rusted, is the Turbo intake.

I have a Mk7.5 fiesta st-line since March 2017 and here is a photo of the turbo intake which i just took.

My car has 11,500 miles on the clock...

I suggest you should check it with the dealer...

IMG_20170911_174342.thumb.jpg.a23953fac0842a21baa89a4964796843.jpg

Checked mine this morning.   A 2013 model with just under 30,000 miles on the clock and the pipes are perfect.   I think this suggests that some of these pipes are faulty.

As Ian says; it is quite normal as that section is cast iron so will develop surface corrosion. It acts as passivation layer so will actually prevent further corrosion from occurring. 

• Like 1

and just in case any further comment is needed, I also agree this is nothing to worry about and normal

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments all, put my mind at rest.

However, its under warranty so Ive put it in with ford anyway just to confirm...hasnt cost me anything :) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club