Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Extrovert

Ford S-max 2.0 zetec tdci powershift 140 Enngine Malfunction warning, Ì warning and extremely slow throttle response from stop position

Just connected purple with green line together using a small length of wire and horn is now working.  I am going to connect the grey one too. Will report back soon.

Connected the grey wire with purple line using a short length of wire.  No difference in the pedal and engine malfunction light is still on as well as throttle position sensor error on obd2. Shall i leave them connected?

Horn relay is gone now.  It will be interesting to know what the grey wire with purple line is for. Returned both pedals and the one with md code ordered.  Any suggestions to check wiring/fuses.  

Thank you very much for your support Ian,  there is no way I would have been able to sort out the horn problem without your support. 

Screenshot_20170930-111929.png

1506767552250973046438.jpg

1506767587623782028602.jpg

I will report back about me pedal.  It will be next weekend though.

Brake fluid,  that explains why the warning light (exclamation mark in brackets) disappeared since i connected the broken wire.

Ian, I replaced the pedal with md code but still no difference.  Engine malfunction warning is still on and obd sensor still shiw the same error codes. Any suggestions?

It's driving me insane.  The only option is to order the pedal from dealers and try. However,  if it doesn't fix the issue, it's a waste of £85.

Could there be something wrong with throttle body or the sensor attached to it?  Any electric/cables I can check?

i will check wiring diagrams later and get back to you with wiring checks. make a note of the wiring colours at the pedal connector. then you can use multimeter to check all the wires