Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daylight Running Lights for Mk 2.5

pistolpete1

Can anyone recommend some good DRL's for the MK 2.5 version?

Looking for an OEM look, rather than add/stuck on types. 

Any help on this matter would be great.....pictures of any would be even better!!

• Like 1

See if you can find @yunii's build thread. He's got some nice looking DRLs built in to fog surrounds which looks very oem.

Other folk have good options here but Yunii's stick out in my mind 😊

• Like 1

I have a set of those available!!

I can't find the pictures - but under my threads there is a for sale post

• Like 1

You could the the speedline.com that's where mine came from the fit around you fog light surrounded 

IMG_0500.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

You could the the speedline.com that's where mine came from the fit around you fog light surrounded 

IMG_0500.JPG

These look interesting....do they dim when the lights are on, but switch off completely? Are they easy to wire into the car?

• Like 1

Yeah they're the same ones yunii has. I don't know about the wiring for these, but the ones I bought for my mk3 have a controller with 3 wires on it. One goes to the fusebox via a fuse tap, one to a grounding point with a ring or fork terminal and one splices or scotch locks into the sidelight or dipped light wire depending on your choice for dimming. I would guess these would be similar.  No soldering needed necessarily (though I always solder and crimp terminals personally...)

Yunii also has a little rocker switch mounted inside so he can turn off completely if he wants.

Cool....and in terms of brightness, do they look like DRL's that come standard on most modern cars? Or are they noticably dimmer?

Again I can only speak for mine and they are great! They are probably bright enough to drive with at night on their own but might annoy people =]

Pictures of yunii and daz's cars I've seen with them on look fine too.

They're the same as mine - which used to be Lenny's.  If you've read any of Lenny's stuff you'll know he doesn't do cheap tat!

There are 2 options with them - 50% dim or completely off with the dipped lights.  On full brightness, they look chuffin' awesome!!

I actually found them earlier - Mother dearest is "sick of tripping over the flipping box" (genuinely was flipping - she doesn't swear lol).

If you're interested, drop me a message bud

• Thanks 1

Pete

yes they can both dim or turn off when you splice the switching wire in to ether you side light or dipped beam. Mine took the power from a piggyback fuse on the air con power. 

• Like 1

Don't suppose anyone has more pictures of these DRL's from the front angle? Either with them on or off?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club