Do Not Sell My Personal Information

and tomorrow i have to go see mr ford

Chris Ecc

sooooo i'm driving home today from work excited for the weekend then silence! and im like eh up whats going on here the complete music system in my car is frozen, so i try changing to radio, etc...... nothing. I get home turn engine off and on, try to cycle the system to no solution and the manual helpfully dosent tell you how to reset the music system. thanks ford

Try removing the fuse for the radio etc then start car, Switch off and reinstall fuse then restart.

Maybe it will "reset" itself? :unsure:

Try removing the fuse for the radio etc then start car, Switch off and reinstall fuse then restart.

Maybe it will "reset" itself? :unsure:

Failing that - there's always the trusty sledge hammer! :lol:

sooooo i'm driving home today from work excited for the weekend then silence! and im like eh up whats going on here the complete music system in my car is frozen, so i try changing to radio, etc...... nothing. I get home turn engine off and on, try to cycle the system to no solution and the manual helpfully dosent tell you how to reset the music system. thanks ford

Mine did this a few months ago - froze with no sound. After fiddling around turning on & off, locking/unlocking the car for ages & finally having decided to take it in to my dealer... Had an idea. My car has the USB port & my memory stick lights up at the end. After switching off the stereo the memory stick remains lit - hence the stereo circuit's still "live". Even after locking the car it remains "live" for a good few minutes before the light on the end of the stick goes out indicating that the stereo's completely shut down. So I turned off the stereo and locked the car, then waited until the memory stick light had gone out (about 5 mins). Unlocked the car, tried the stereo & it worked! Been fine ever since. Presumably a software error? If this doesn't work then try removing then replacing the fuse as suggested on another post. Good luck!

I'm gonna try it in the morning because the car will have been off all night then and see what happens, i was looking for a way to 'reset' it but only way I could think is what FMC said, i'll let you know what happens :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club