Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Zirk

Enabling Automatic Lights

Hi All,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but is it possible to add auto lamps/auto headlights to my fiesta even thought it did not come as a standard feature? I have read that this maybe possible by changing the switch to one that has the auto option and enabling the "automatic lights" option in Forscan. My 2015 Fiesta appears to have the required light sensor in the middle of the dash, close to the windscreen. I have enabled the option in Forscan with no errors but since I cannot put the system in "Auto" mode without the switch, I have no way of knowing if it will actually work.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

The sensor on the dash isn't for lights, that is the sun loading sensor for climate control if fitted or just a dummy blob of plastic if you have manual aircon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

what a stupid question!

only kidding. as clive said about the sunload sensor, you will need a rain sensor , wiring from sensor to bcm module and autolight switch. dont know anyone on here who has done this on fiesta , but a few of us have done on mk3 focus.

Any answer to this? My 2015  Zetec has the rain sensor fitted on the windscreen (at rear view mirror) and appears to be wired up. Is it just a matter of replacing the lighting control?

Edited by stiff77
Clarification

If I worked in a Ford factory I'd put little stickers in the place of missing components saying things like 'Sorry mate - should've paid the extra when you specced it.. ;-)' :smile:

I reckon a run of "bet you wished you bought the Titanium now" stickers should be a standard feature of any toolbox!

I reckon they should just fit them to everything zetec and above, it's just as much a safety feature as a comfort one imo...having to buy a top spec model for auto wipers and lights these days is daft!  Most Peugeots had them as standard back in the early 00s...