Do Not Sell My Personal Information

slight engine hesitation ~1250 revs

Lankyron

I have a Dec 2006 Focus Ghia 1.6 Tdci diesel automatic. It has done 54,000 miles. Runs great, but for the last 9 months I have had the following problem:

When the car is sort of coasting along, I think maybe when it changes gear, only at 1200 to 1300 revs, there is a hesitation in the drive. It happens around 20 mph and 30 mph. It is difficult to get it to do it when you want to demonstrate it! It is only momentary. When the revs change and when the accellerator is pushed it runs properly. Never happens above 1300 revs. My regular garage said it could be several things! They have changed the fuel filter and when this had no effect they then changed the accelerator pedal - again didn't solve the problem. Ford agent in Chelmsford (Lookers) have had it in and could not even identify the fault? Googling has suggested an air flow sensor change and a new garage I went to recently, just for a chat, said that there can be problems with the fuel injector solenoids on this type of engine. Neither of these last two options have been explored further yet.

Anyone else had this effect?

You really need live telemetry to figure out a problem like this. Could be MAF, fuel pressure, TPS or any number of things really.

If you can get a hold of an ELM cable (about £20 I think) and ForScan software (free online) you can hook it up to a laptop and go for a drive.

Hopefully if you are recording various sensor states with ForScan and it happens to play up, it might help pinpoint your problem.

Edit: actually does forscan do telemetry for mk2?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club