Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems with power to the radio

Alant

My mam is trying to put a radio in theirs power going though the car and the wire that the radio connects to but the radio doesn't come on and we have look at the fuse and their in the right place 

Are you using a loom adaptor or wiring direct ? Some radios require a slight change to the loom to get power depending on brand and car etc.

22fb1135a8e6a17a6031227b06b1b069.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stants said:

Are you using a loom adaptor or wiring direct ? Some radios require a slight change to the loom to get power depending on brand and car etc.

22fb1135a8e6a17a6031227b06b1b069.jpg

We had someone come out and they said the was power going though the the wire thr connects to the radio but there's no power to the radio and the radio it brand new and we have tryed different radio and they did the same 

Ok, did you buy a steering control adaptor ? As it's all canbus controlled it may need to see a power signal from the stalk.
As I'm on tapatalk can't see your profile, what model & year is the car

Some loom adaptors are sold as Ford ones but are actually set up for Vauxhalls which have the battery and ignition live feeds reversed.
Swapping these will often solve the problem.
I have a diagram I made of the plug somewhere.

On 17/09/2017 at 4:18 PM, Alant said:

We had someone come out and they said the was power going though the the wire thr connects to the radio but there's no power to the radio and the radio it brand new and we have tryed different radio and they did the same 

The other radio didn't turn on?

Then you need to check you have 12V on BOTH red and yellow wires with ignition on - if not, then you have a blown fuse or wiring problem somewhere.

Edit: You also need to check there is not a spot for a fuse on the back of the radio itself - some radios used to have a fuse on the unit itself, normally near where the loom plugs in.

• Like 1