Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can my windows be coded to open on the first ignition click?

Trillionz

I sit in my car with my ignition on the first click for the radio and want to talk to someone, and the windows don't work:angry: it annoys the hell out of me having to turn the ignition the full way.

I usually end up opening the door and feeling like a ***** because I have forgotten.

Failing coding I would have thought I could use a piggy-back fuse from a first click item to energise the window fuse as well.?????????

I would guess then that they can not be coded.:sad:

So I am thinking this.....the windows are on their own 25amp fuse. There is a spare 20amp fuse for the boot auxiliary which I would guess is live all the time like the front auxiliary.(I will check it with a circuit tester when the piggy's arrive)

So I am thinking that if I got 2 piggy-back fuses and spliced them together then set in the right direction in the fuse holders I can put 20amp fuses in both and it should chooch!:unsure:

19 minutes ago, Trillionz said:

I would guess then that they can not be coded.:sad:

No, they can't. the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is not that advanced.

Does your car have the standard 2-electric window system or the more advanced 4-electric window system (comfort windows)?

If the car has the standard 2-electric window system you can make it work by changing the ignition switched power supply to a permanent power supply. Or even better to a power supply that is active while the CANbus system is active. This way the windows can be opened after unlocking the car until about 30 minutes after the car is locked and the CANbus system enters its sleep mode.

If the car has the more advanced comfort window system it is a lot more difficult. This window system is CANbus controlled and changing the power supply would not bring much.

You should never apply a permanent power supply to an ignition switched power supply. Many of the fuses are internally connected at the input side. Applying permanent power to a fuse that is ignition switched can also put a permanent power supply on other circuits of the GEM module/fuse box (which is basically a computer controlled fuse box).  This can seriously damage the GEM module/fuse box or even cause a fire.

It has 4 windows all with "one shot". I wouldn't have thought that windows were a CANbus item. Suppose I could check that by just removing the fuse now to see if the car complains about it?

*NOW THIS IS INTERESTING*

Just watched a YouTube video of an ST with GLOBAL opening and closing and.............:smile::smile:

Mine has it????????? With no key in the ignition even and from outside the car the windows work from long pressing the "open and close buttons". WTF??????

yes yes , remote window closing for titanium & ST models is comprehensively described in your owners handbook along with global closing operations in general

you have read it right ..........?

maybe not ;-)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, biff55 said:

yes yes , remote window closing for titanium & ST models is comprehensively described in your owners handbook along with global closing operations in general

you have read it right ..........?

maybe not ;-)

I lost interest when it had me shouting at the stupid radio.

So why can't I use the windows "When I want to" ? when I am sat in it? 

Like I keep saying for a common car why is everything so hard?

1 hour ago, Trillionz said:

*NOW THIS IS INTERESTING*

Just watched a YouTube video of an ST with GLOBAL opening and closing and.............:smile::smile:

Mine has it????????? With no key in the ignition even and from outside the car the windows work from long pressing the "open and close buttons". WTF??????

The magic of CANBUS eh? :wink:  

Accessory position is only meant for the radio, anything else is likely to drain the battery.  

Just move the key to ignition if you want to drop a window while sat inside, don't have to go all the way and switch the engine on as well, it's literally one click away from acc position lol.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

The magic of CANBUS eh? :wink:  

Just move the key to ignition if you want to drop a window while sat inside, don't have to go all the way and switch the engine on as well, it's literally one click away from acc position lol.  

NO!

I want it to work properly like my BMW did. I don't want to be doing 2 things to drop a window. 

I won't be playing that game.:devil2:

• Haha 1

Lol, well good luck with that then! :laugh: 

Also, you don't need to be in acc position to have the radio on, can just turn the radio on even without the key in! 

On a serious note, I'm not sure which other modules are active at acc position, it might be less of a battery drain to just use the radio alone depending on how long you're using it.

Imagine this I am sat in my car and there is an armed police officer tapping on my window with the barrel of his gun. I go for the ignition to turn it another click because the car is stupid like that and he shoots me.

Its a serious matter it should work properly.:devil2:

In my last car I had to fool the BCM with resistors so that the "one shot" would work on all the windows even though they didn't have Anti-trap.

But I made that car do as it was told.:biggrin::biggrin:

Buy a car with keyless start.
One push of the button with your foot off the clutch [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club