Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sports suspension removal

mountainbiker

I have a 58 Titanium X Mondeo Estate with Sports Suspension fitted, which I find too harsh.

Does anyone know if any changes can be made to soften the ride. i.e. replacement springs etc.

I did consider changing the wheels from 18'' to 17'' but decided against it as probably minimal gain at the sake of spoiling the look of the car.

Any help much appreciated, otherwise car will have to go. :(

Hi there

Easiest thing to do (but not cheapest) would be to book it in to the garage at your ford dealership and get the springs replaced with bog-standard Mondeo springs from a standard model. Should be a simple swap over. Springs wont cost very much at all, but with labour I would imagine you're looking at £250-£300. Drive down there and they will give you an accurate quote

GL :)

Hi there

Easiest thing to do (but not cheapest) would be to book it in to the garage at your ford dealership and get the springs replaced with bog-standard Mondeo springs from a standard model. Should be a simple swap over. Springs wont cost very much at all, but with labour I would imagine you're looking at £250-£300. Drive down there and they will give you an accurate quote

GL :)

Jonny, your wrong there im afraid. The sports suspension on the new Mondeo has a completely different geometry to the standard setup. It would be quite a big and expensive job as the whole setup would have to be replaced. My Mondeo has 17 inch alloys and IVDC (adaptive suspension) and the ride is very harsh on the sport setting. For this reason, I dont think changing the wheels would solve the issue. I tried a Mondeo with sport suspension on 18s and the ride was awful, im not surprised so many people are complaining!

Jonny, your wrong there im afraid. The sports suspension on the new Mondeo has a completely different geometry to the standard setup. It would be quite a big and expensive job as the whole setup would have to be replaced. My Mondeo has 17 inch alloys and IVDC (adaptive suspension) and the ride is very harsh on the sport setting. For this reason, I dont think changing the wheels would solve the issue. I tried a Mondeo with sport suspension on 18s and the ride was awful, im not surprised so many people are complaining!

excuse ignorance is the not "sport" setting quite firm?

I stand corrected. Goodluck to the OP though, I certainly wouldnt want to get rid of a brand new Mondeo Titanium X, so I hope he gets something sorted. That car must be the most expensive one that Ford make!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club