Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outside temperature sensor not working anymore

Ford-Norway

Hi guys.

First time poster here. Got a 2010 Mondeo, and it have been working perfect for 5 years now. All of a sudden the outdoor temperature thingy says its 58C. Well, I`m from Norway, and I`m pretty sure its just 15C even in the summer :/

I would love some clear instruction on how to find the thingy that is measuring the outdoor temperature. Read somewhere that is either in the front of the engine, easy to access and cheap to get a new one.. or in one of the mirrors (sounds expensive). Would love a picture or something like that to recognize it on my car. 

Sadly, the AC is not working correctly now that the outside air is slightly wrong :) Full heat works, but if I try anything else its just blowing cold air.

Thanks in advance for your time, and if this is possible to fix with two electrician-hands a link to a new sensor would be awesome as well.

Peace and love.

//Norway.

Are you sure it's not been set to Farenheit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Easy to replace, the sensor is behind the front grill clipped on to it,  on the lower right hand side, these do fail and that's why your air con is not working properly 

• Like 2

Clive: yeah. I should have attached a picture. It says Celcius in the car.

Pete: Thanks. I think I have found a sensor on Aliexpress. Hopefully the right one (not because of prize, but waiting.. ). If you have a link to a description of how to fix it I would love it.

No link but it's easy, all you have to do is remove the plastic panel that's on top of the radiator to get to it, it just unclips from where it's mounted unplug it and the plug in the new one clip back into place

this is what you are looking for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1S7F10K936AA-Ford-Mondeo-C-Max-Focus-Fiesta-Outside-temperature-Sensor-/332375901396?epid=1709777852&hash=item4d6325c4d4:g:AL0AAOSwYaxZjkYQ

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club