Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sliding door jammed shut.

Denby

Mk7 transit van. Jumbo. Door jammed shut won't open when central locking locks or releases.  Tried to use the central locking manual switch but the plastic internal shattered.  How do I manually unlock this so I can get it open to work on the lock. 
Any advice gratefully received.

First pic is the locking mechanism. 

Second is what I read up was the central locking manual override which has now shattered into itself. 

How on earth can I get this off and get the door open so I can work on the lock. ?? 

please help

thank you in advance. FB_IMG_1505662033586.thumb.jpg.eab22037098510b2804a4573e525074c.jpg

FB_IMG_1505662250505.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi.

Did you find out of this issue, got the same on my 2008 model.

• 8 months later...

Got the same problem.  Cant open my sliding side door on MK7 transit.  No sound from lock relay when using fob. 

What about putting 12v to one of the contacts.  Anyone know which one?

• 6 months later...

The problem is the actuator(motor - plastic part where cables are plugged in). Sometimes it is broken and don’t let you open door manually with switch inside the door. If you able to take it out first then the other parts start moving freely and you can open with switch.

What I did with my Ford Connect 2005, this video was helpful but not very clear…

You have to open cover metal over the actuator and put the screwdriver BETWEEN white and yellow part (you can see in video. Hope so transit is not very different) and try to sepette yellow part from white one…