Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sean_SSW

Parking sensor issue on my 63 Fiesta

Hi all,

I washed my car at the weekend and now when I put the car into reverse, I get a constant tone like there is something blocking the sensor.

Is there an easy fix for this?

Many thanks for your time.

Does it do this all the time or sometimes. Have you put the car in reverse and slowly reversed near something to see if it beeps slower. I put parking sensors on my previous car and sometimes it would have a constant beep until I get near a wall in which it would beep normally. 

I expect you have a faulty sensor. get a younger person with good hearing and with one ear close to sensors one at a time just as reverse is selected each time with ignition on. Each sensor should make a click sound. The one that dose not sound will be faulty.

1 hour ago, 540itouring said:

I expect you have a faulty sensor. get a younger person with good hearing and with one ear close to sensors one at a time just as reverse is selected each time with ignition on. Each sensor should make a click sound. The one that dose not sound will be faulty.

Preferably with the car not running, only pos 2... don't want people accidentally run over ;-)