Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav connections

Postie123

Just wondering what the different coloured plugs are for on a focus mk3 pre face lift? There's blue, black, pink and green. I'm doing the retrofit and was trying to figure it out.

cheers

IMG_1032.JPG

Blue is for GPS antenna, Green is for reverse camera input, black is for FM radio, pink should be reversing sensor input.

• Like 1

Correction-

Pink is classed as an IF input.

This refers to intermediate frequency which will receive high frequency radio signals like DAB.

Therefore pink in this configuration should be the DAB input.

Lovely cheers mate! When doing this retrofit where does the fakra z cable go? Is it the two black plugs?

All oem Fakra cables have specifically shaped lugs so should only fit one location.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was told when retrofitting sat nav I had to buy a fakra gps and a fakra cable but I'm not sure where this cable plugs into?

The green is for camera input, although some units have this as the beige fakra.

I get that the green is for the camera and the blue is for the gps and black is for fm and pink for dab not I'm not sure where this extra fakra  cable goes? 

Black is the antennal input (both FM and DAB).

Pink is the antenna output. The antenna output of the FCDIM is connected to the antenna input of the ACM.

The FCDIM is connected between the antenna and the ACM. the FCDIM uses the antenna signal for TMC reception and passes the antenna signal through to the ACM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Black is the antennal input (both FM and DAB).

Pink is the antenna output. The antenna output of the FCDIM is connected to the antenna input of the ACM.

The FCDIM is connected between the antenna and the ACM. the FCDIM uses the antenna signal for TMC reception and passes the antenna signal through to the ACM.

So the Fakra gps plugs into the blue plug the Fakra cable goes from the pink plug on the fcdim to the black plug on the acm? Is this right?

3 minutes ago, Postie123 said:

So the Fakra gps plugs into the blue plug the Fakra cable goes from the pink plug on the fcdim to the black plug on the acm? Is this right?

The GPS antenna is conected to the Blue Fakra connector of the FCDIM.

The Black Fakra connector of the antenna which is currently connected to the ACM needs to be disconnected and connected to the Black Fakra connector of the FCDIM.

A short cable with a Pink Fakra connector at one side and a black Fakra connector at the other side connects th Pink Fakra connector of the FCDIM with the Black Fakra connector of the ACM.

That's brilliant mate cheers. Now I've just got work out how to use focccus and how to save my currant car settings and how to change the screen size.

The white Fakra connector on the ACM is used for the 2nd (FM) antenna. The 2nd antenna is integrated in the rear window (hatchback) or left rear side window (estate).

The 2nd antenna is an amplified antenna which is only present on Focus MK3/MK3.5 versions that ar equipped with the High Level audio system (and all systems that are based on the High Level audio system). The Low Level audio system only has 1 antenna.  

How do you change the screen size using focccus? I have never used this program or this elm2 thing.

Anyone got any  tips on using these's?

Guide :

1.            start FOCCCUS and click open

2.            click read BCM, this will make the instrument cluster do weird things throw error lights.

3.            click save to file, just in case.

4.            scroll down to #xx option  and change it

5.            click write to BCM, again the dashboard will do weird things

6.            close FOCCCUS

7.            turn ignition off and on again

8.            start FORScan

9.            click connect in the bottom left

10.          FORScan will read the various modules

11.          click the yellow triangle with DCT written on it

12.          click read DCT, for me a few codes came up

13.          click reset DCT

15.          click read DCT, to make sure codes gone

16.          disconnect in FORScan, close and unplug

Do it at your own risk !

Credits : forums and Fkuk (http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80753-focccus-guide-required/?tab=comments#comment-578207)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's perfect mate cheers! Done my sat nav today and everything work (plug and play) didn't have to use focccus but this will be useful for when I do the reverse camera..

would like to thank everyone for their input on this thread and others, helped a lot, cheers.

• 5 years later...

hello all

i,ve done this connection with the fakra cable

ACM fakra black to FCDIM fakra black

FCDIM fakra pink to ACM fakra black

but i have 2 error's

ACM B1D55:15-2F

ACM B1A56:15-2F

anyone know's this issue ?

i have a fiesta 2013 with a retrofit sat nav