Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heads Up! Cheap Oil and Stuff in Tesco

trailertrash

As per title, Fully synth £6/2 litre instead of £12, 5l screen wash £2.49, large WD40 £2.49 and others I can't remember. Looks like they're having a clear out of all sorts of discontinued stuff. Couldn't move for staff and their trollies. I thought they employed night staff to save getting in the way of paying punters! 😡 /rant

"Fully synth £6/2 litre instead of £12.

£12 for 2 litres was overpriced. I can get Valvoline Synpower at £6 a litre at my local motor factors.

1 hour ago, kpat said:

I can get Valvoline Synpower at £6 a litre at my local motor factors

Well, £6 for 2 litres i.e. £3 per litre in Tesco is still cheap then isn't it whether or not £12 was overpriced?

I’ve put the Tesco stuff in mine I bought 3 and used 2 so a spare 2 litre for topping up if needs be , happy days 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trailertrash said:

£3 per litre in Tesco is still cheap then isn't it

It certainly is. But I'm an oil snob.:rolleyes:

BTW. Shell Helix Synthetic at my local Shell service station, over £20 per litre! Now that is a rip off.

Edited by kpat
Extra info

41 minutes ago, kpat said:

It certainly is. But I'm an oil snob.:rolleyes:

BTW. Shell Helix Synthetic at my local Shell service station, over £20 per litre! Now that is a rip off.

Everything from a Shell garage is a rip off, in my area (and surrounding areas) they are always the most expensive for petrol/diesel, even worse than BP.

£20 for 1 litre is ridiculous even by petrol station standards. 

34 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Everything from a Shell garage is a rip off, in my area (and surrounding areas) they are always the most expensive for petrol/diesel, even worse than BP.

£20 for 1 litre is ridiculous even by petrol station standards. 

£20+ was for the Ford spec stuff. The other Shell Helix was an absolute bargain at £18+ per litre. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, kpat said:

£20+ was for the Ford spec stuff. The other Shell Helix was an absolute bargain at £18+ per litre. :biggrin:

LOL

Sad thing is some people will actually buy it at that price :wallbash:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Sad thing is some people will actually buy it at that price :wallbash:

Yeah, they depend on the panic buyer don't they? From the "Oh I'd better check my oil while I'm putting a tenner in, I haven't done it for a while.." to the "What's that flickering red light, where's me glasses Doris - Oh blimey that's the oil light - I'd better go to that garage around the corner!"

Chances are, if the oil light's flickering, he'll have to buy two at that price. Kerching!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club