Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple of questions

bananacat

Hi all.

I have 2 questions I hope you can help with.

I have a titanium x with Sony system and although the sound is great it vibrates quite a bit when I have it a little loud. What's the best way to sound proof the door panels etc

Also I have the auto adjusting hid headlights which give a white light but the fogs are yellowish, what bulbs do I need to get to make them whiter and are they easy to change/get to etc?

Thanks.

Chris.

hi chris mine is the same radio and has the same problem, think it`s the speaker on the top of the dash that causes the vibrations the most, i just take no notice of it lol.

as for the fog lights bit of a nightmare to do as you need it up on a ramp to make it easier to do as the wheel arch covers need to come off before you can get to the back of the fog lights the bulb you need is a H11. got my local garage to replace mine a few yrs ago (bulb pic below) Osram Front Fog Light Bulb (Nightbreaker Unlimited H11) is a bright white bulb around £14 a bulb :smile:

481770362.jpg

Hi mate.

Thanks for your reply. The vibration on mine is definitely the doors and no matter how much I try I cannot ignore it lol

As for the bulbs, thank you but how crazy is it to change them! Why they make changing bulbs so difficult nowadays is beyond me lol

things are more of a challenge to change as they try and squueze everything into small spaces to fit it all in. would be a challenge to do yourself. all other bulbs on car can be changed quite easy its just the front fogs that are a pain. if you got a local garage just pop and ask `em and slip `em £10 for doing them :smile:

maybe Speakers have blown on the doors or the cones are split. but you won`t know until you take a look at `em matey

If it's your door card that vibrates then there's a Torx bolt behind a small panel on the end of the door that might need tightening.

It was doing my tree in until I found that this bolt had worked loose.

Also I managed to change my fogs fairly easily through the bottoms of the wheel arches. Turn to full lock and undo 3 for bolts either side. Bit tight to reach through so helps if you have thinner arms.

There's a few pics on my build thread for how to change them. Click on my signature on PC or search for Phil's Build Thread.

• Like 2

On 19/09/2017 at 11:16 PM, Phil21185 said:

If it's your door card that vibrate then there's a torch bolt behind a small panel on the end of the door that might need tightening.

It was doing my tree in until I around that this bolt had worked loose.

Also I managed to change my fogs fairly easily through the bottoms of the wheel arches. Turn to full lock and undo 3 for bolts either side. Bit tight to reach through so helps if you have thinner arms.

There's a few pics on my build thread for how to change them. Click on my signature on PC or search for Phil's Build Thread.

Brilliant thanks.

Whereabouts is this panel?

Open your door and look above the latch. Near the top of the door card is a sort of teardrop shaped cover. Pop it off with a spudger or something. Again, there is a pic of it on my build thread along with a full guide for removing the door card.  On the post about illuminated door reflectors.

37 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Open your door and look above the latch. Near the top of the door card is a sort of teardrop shaped cover. Pop it off with a spudger or something. Again, there is a pic of it on my build thread along with a full guide for removing the door card.  On the post about illuminated door reflectors.

Great thanks.

Your thread is very long lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club