Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheel wobble (NOT WHEELS)

krisdadude

Not much to add to this except to say I have it on my 1.6 Focus Zetec 08. It's been there since the day I bought it (2 months ago). It's my first car and didn't notice it much at first as I didn't initially drive it home. Now it's ever present at the speeds mentioned.

I researched posts on here and other sites. Not one person has found a resolution. My focus is under warranty until February, but unsure whether to bother. Everyone seems to have just carried on driving it and ignored it in the end. Until something obvious rears its head at least. I'm not technically minded in anyway when it comes to cars lol. For now at least anyway, constantly learning and researching.

Yeh thats the first thing I looked at, comfort, standard and sport.

Same in all modes.

Onto 4th set of drive shafts, OEM this time im told.

fingers crossed.

Got one on mine, at 50-60mph and above. I do have a "propeller" noise, but my tyres have worn non-uniformly due to an alignment problem (+mot advisory last year about "Offside Rear Road wheel with a slightly distorted bead rim"). Will be swapping them at some point when they're getting near to the legal limit with 4 tyres that are equal and balancing and will see if that fixes it. Otherwise i'd consider a wheel bearing, but when jacked up there is no play in any road wheels or noise on turning them. 

On 17/10/2017 at 9:29 PM, Micro said:

Got one on mine, at 50-60mph and above. I do have a "propeller" noise, but my tyres have worn non-uniformly due to an alignment problem (+mot advisory last year about "Offside Rear Road wheel with a slightly distorted bead rim"). Will be swapping them at some point when they're getting near to the legal limit with 4 tyres that are equal and balancing and will see if that fixes it. Otherwise i'd consider a wheel bearing, but when jacked up there is no play in any road wheels or noise on turning them. 

So your wobble is wheels mine is Not Wheels.

Any one have ford focus mk2 drive shaft issues?

• 9 months later...

• 5 months later...

Hi, just wondering if you had an outcome please? My S-Max has same issue. I was thinking dual mass flywheel? 

You might have to wait a bit for the original poster to reply.

He last visited this forum on 34 October 2017.

ScaniaPBman.

3 hours ago, ScaniaPBman said:

You might have to wait a bit for the original poster to reply.

He last visited this forum on 34 October 2017.

ScaniaPBman.

Crikey, how did he manage that? :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Ha, well spotted.

How about 24 October 2017 then.

ScaniaPBman.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Any update on this issue? My focus mk3 have the same problem... 

Thank you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club