Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 and Climate screen

simonb65

For those that have Sync3 (Late 2016 and 2017) and have the heated/cooled seats, can you tell me if you get buttons on the Climate page to operate these functions and when they are on, do you get a symbol on the top of the screen (when in any screen other Climate) that shows the seat is on. On images ive seen this is usually next to your temperature setpoint for eithr driver or pax.

The reason I ask is that I dont and I wonder if mh APIM module has not been configured correctly for the heated/cooled seat option!

Simon, I have Sync3 but cloth interior so I have heated but not cooled seats. Nevertheless I had a look for comparison purposes. My heated seats are not displayed on the touchscreen at all on any screen, not even the climate screen. I do have red LEDs by the switches though, so no doubt when they are on or off. 

I have Sync 2 with the leather lux pack option. When my seats are on sync 2 displays what heat setting, with small red blocks and when seat cooling is on sync 2 displays small blue blocks to show cooling setting.

Dave

I have sync 3 and heated seats are displayed on the climate screen- also on the top of the screen on the home screen. 

9 hours ago, NeilRS said:

I have sync 3 and heated seats are displayed on the climate screen- also on the top of the screen on the home screen. 

Neil, do you have a heated steering wheel too ?

I have Sync3, heated (not cooled) seats and no heated steering wheel.  I do not get anything on the climate screen for the seats.

Neil,  any chance you can post a photo of the sync3 screen showing heated seats. I have sync 3 and seats dont show on mine

13 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Neil, do you have a heated steering wheel too ?

I have- that also comes up on the climate screen.

That may be the key to getting the seat controls to appear, as there is no other way to opearate the heated steering wheel than through Sync. I suspect the heated items is an all-or-nothing option, hence why having just heated seats its not enabled in Sync!! ... That's a bit cr4p!

Thanks for posting photo Neil. Yes mine looks different (apart from colours as taken during the day).  I don't have heated steering wheel so it may be as Simon notes that its a software thing of all or nothing and yes its a cr4p way of Ford doing it. Has anyone with sync3 and heated/cooled seats but NO heated steering wheel got seat controls appearing on their screen??  Photo of my screen

IMG_3093.JPG

To be honest The main buttons for the heated seats are much more conviemiemt so are all I ever use. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2017 at 2:33 PM, NeilRS said:

Same here. Leather cooled pack, heated steering wheel. Different area code, though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club