Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Injectors Defective

CK1

So was leaving my work car park recently and evenings are getting a little colder. Turned on the car and was in a queue when I felt the car shuddering a little when in idle. I was leaving car in next day for a winter health check with my Ford dealer  and mentioned this.  To my complete shock I have been told I have 3 out of 4 fuel injectors defective, and they recommend I change them asap. The cost is massive £155+VAT and labour each in fact should do all 4 I was told. Does this sound correct? Very sudden with not many symptoms, and am wondering if they are just trying it on!!! Advise would be appreciated. I would have thought with such a large cost issue there would have been error codes, more symptoms etc.....

2 hours ago, CK1 said:

was in a queue when I felt the car shuddering a little when in idle. I was leaving car in next day for a winter health check with my Ford dealer  and mentioned this.  To my complete shock I have been told I have 3 out of 4 fuel injectors defective, and they recommend I change them asap.

Definitely get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. There are quite a few possible causes of uneven running.

Also ask how they diagnosed it. It may just be cylinder balance readings from a diagnostic system (which you can do for yourself using Forscan or some other good system), if so it is still not definite.

Leak-off tests, or removal of injectors for a proper test are the best ways. But these are time consuming. I doubt if the garage did anything like that.

Injector problems usually take some time to develop, and a little shuddering is unlikely to do any lasting damage, especially at low throttle openings, so do not be rushed into anything, unless you feel confident they know what they are talking about.

Thanks for you advise peter, have it booked into a different garage next week. Will quote some of this info....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club