Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tyres?? Which ones.

jace1969

Just past an M.O.T but was told the 2 front Tyres (205/40/17-84w) have around 2k of miles left but which ones to go for,got to say i always use to have Continental conti premium contact 5.

I want a good all round Tyre and not a budget one being on the front and as low road noise as i can,they will last me for years as don't do a lot of miles a year like 3k or less 

so can go for a good make even if a bit more money,i think i have Bridgestone potenza on or do i just go for another 2 of these to match all 4 up again.

do they know your driving style to be able to say around 2 k left? 

47 minutes ago, iantt said:

do they know your driving style to be able to say around 2 k left? 

Well going off my last M.O.T its done 2100 miles in 12 months,i think they just looked at the last m.o.t i gave them.

My car don't do a lot of miles at all and only got 27k now,lots have changed in the last 12 to 18 months.

If you liked the PC5 you'll probably like the PC6 even more and they are only a couple of quid more if you shop around.

Maybe there is something more suitable for you but you don't say what you want.

The car came with the Bridgstone on when i had it but a few years ago i tried the PC5  on my old car and reviews seem very good.

They say the PC5 is better all round Tyre than the new PC6 don't know how true this is.

Just was seeing if any others use the Continental Tyre or another good Tyre as there are so many about.

I mainly look at reviews on the internet or on here as then you know people have tried them.

Having a good look online and reviews these Bridgestone on now seems top or very close (Bridgestone potenza  205/40/17 ) was these standard

on my car as there all 4 the same and being a very high speed rating 84w i just thought why being not a sport car say ST.

If you only do 3k a year and these tyres have 2k left on them, surely you don't have to worry for another 9 months?

Conti premium on mine since I bought it, 'cept the NSR which someone put a Falken on at some point...

16 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

If you only do 3k a year and these tyres have 2k left on them, surely you don't have to worry for another 9 months?

Conti premium on mine since I bought it, 'cept the NSR which someone put a Falken on at some point...

Yes you are spot on,just having a look around seeing what a lot on here have and reviews on them.

For my use a set of Budget would do fine when needed as i don't think i have been on the motorway for 10 year or more.

I think i will go for the same make just a newer one the 050 as mine are the 0002 which are very hard to get now as 5 garages

aint got them.

Have you tried Black Circles? I recently wanted/needed a specific tyre for the Qashqai, our local McConnachies couldn't get them for over 2 months! but BC got them delivered here and fitted (by McConnachies!) within the week! 

8 hours ago, Turvey said:

Have you tried Black Circles? I recently wanted/needed a specific tyre for the Qashqai, our local McConnachies couldn't get them for over 2 months! but BC got them delivered here and fitted (by McConnachies!) within the week! 

Yes i looked at them and they aint bad prices if you compare to them round here,they have them on there list but its already booked in now lol.

I cant say i have had a lot of problems with the Bridgestone as they was on the car from new what i have been told so these are just the newer one

and seems good reviews only drops on the fuel side but i have them on now and the miles i do is stupid miles.

All sorted,got me 2 Bridgestones and not a bad price,the place game me online prices so thats a saving of around £20.

They have good rating so do me and pair up with my back ones.