Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog light conversation

TangoDaz

Thanks Alan

I'm working until 9.30 so I do understand lol

Do you know if your drivers side window has the one touch down function? If your not sure could you upload a photo of the drivers side window switch

Thanks Alan

I think it is not one shot operation but i will check

Was just thinking, if it’s not the one shot down, you should be able to buy the loom which supports this and add it when you add the electric mirrors, all you would need to do is get the one touch window switch as well

Picked up two door looms yesterday for £35.00 not bad don't know if they were one shot or not

Have a look at the connectors on it...... is there a brownish connector like this?.........

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Alan

Just thought I would let you know but at last we have electric mirrors as well as front for lights even found time to fit a set of st seats as well 

car looking good now 

Thanks Alan
 Just thought I would let you know but at last we have electric mirrors as well as front for lights even found time to fit a set of st seats as well 
car looking good now 

Cool upload some photos, I’m sure it looks completely different now, I always wanted to fit the leather zetec S seats but never got round to it. You should start doing some colour coding.... door/tailgate handles aerial base and washer jets, and the door mouldings (bump strips) [emoji106]
  • Like 1

I fitted them on my 6.5 for about 45 quid (I was lucky) that was 25 for lights and trims and 20 for the switch. Breakers are the best place and my style also had the wiring for them behind the existing trims so that helped loads.

Sadly doesn't have the loom for the electronic wing mirrors :-(

If he gets board maybe he can spray the grilles and fog trims that kept me entertained for a while :-)

I had to strip out all of the door to swap the looms over for electric mirrors it can be done just takes a while. We have already fitted colour coded handles and the door trim and tail gate are on his list too

Looking good [emoji106] yes I had to stop the door completely to swap over the wiring loom for the electric mirrors too, well worth the effort though, a wee roof spoiler will look good too [emoji1303]

Thanks I know it was worth all the effort there is a st spoiler in the loft ready to be glued in place just needs a lick of paint 

Thanks I know it was worth all the effort there is a st spoiler in the loft ready to be glued in place just needs a lick of paint 

Sounds like it’s all coming together nicely [emoji1303]

I'd love to do the wing mirrors, was swapping the loom easy?

Add some footwell lights, it's really easy.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262453353235

The white ones are really good (they have a purple look due to high Kelvin count)

3 hours ago, Newblet said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262453353235

The white ones are really good (they have a purple look due to high Kelvin count)

Wouldn't mind doing that on my fiesta. Put some lights in the foot well and boot

Super easy to do (obviously looks better in the dark) the wiring is so simple.

IMG_20171031_153211.jpg

You need to strip the door down completely removing the outer door card then the inner door car that holds the window regulator  and door lock mechanism  also removing the glass. Allow a day from start to finish and you should get the job done. I think Alan has a link to stripping down the door which should help.

the only bit that can be a problem is when you come to remove the inner door release cable I broke the passenger one but used a hair dryer so soften up the plastic on the drivers side, when you come to build it up again you can remove the inertia handle and snap the cable back in to place then thread the handle back through the outer casing. 

i like the foot well lights where did you take the power from?

• Like 1

Here’s a link to my guide on how to convert manual to electric windows, which pretty much explains how to completely strip down the door which is what you need to do if you want to swap out your loom to one with electric mirrors, hope it helps

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43131-guide-mk665-manual-to-electric-window-conversion/

I have electronic windows it's wing mirrors I was curious about. Although that is quite a informative guide.

If you follow my guide to the point of removing the inner door card, then you can swap over the loom to the upgraded one which has the electric mirrors

• Like 1

Thanks Alan

Paul you need to strip out the whole inner door card with the window regulator and locking mechanism to remove the old loom and fit the new loom i should have taken photo's to explain, but I will probable need to do it all over again to remove the door moldings for painting.

That seems like alot of work, I will eventually do it because I'm running out of things to do lol.

Love the seats by the way :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club