• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Hudz2017

What fuse to use for dash cam installation

Hi everyone. I am having a bit of a nightmare with my dash cam installation in my Ford Mondeo Titanium 2009.

I am trying to find a fuse within the central fuse box that powers on with the ignition.

When I connect the nextbase hard wire kit fuse adaptor to piggyback on a fuse, the dash cam is always getting power. 

I have tried fuses such as "audio system", "instrument cluster" and "cigarette lighter".  Shouldn't these fuses only be receiving power when the ignition is on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Carl

Cigarette lighter power goes off after 15 minutes, this is what I use for mine. (from the fuse box in the passenger footwell)

Are you using the right fues location? F7 on my 2011 car (not sure if it's the same for yours)

59c8d4b6cb786_FusePositions.thumb.jpg.077a8fb096d26325d2b1bb1f15b4b7fb.jpg 59c8d4b5e6d9c_Fuseboxdiagram.thumb.jpg.00cbacbd4130ea9ad38d86ce9bd230a9.jpg

Yeah I have checked the fuse diagram for my car mine says F19 - 15amp - Blue for cigarette lighter fuse. I will try again today shortly. I went to halfords for use of their multimeter and they said it's unusual for most of the fuses in the centre fuse box to still have power after 10/15 minutes after ignition goes off. Is this right? I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if power is eventually cut after a bit longer 

It will be nearer 15 mins on the Mondeo. But note, as soon as you unlock the car or open the doors again it will power up, therefore either look through the windows or sit in the car when you check again.

You might have already sorted this but I have mine connected to fuse 10 behind the glove box which supplies the sun roof (not fitted on mine so no fuse). This is switched with the ignition..

Also if you have "Keyless entry", if you're within range of the car with the fob the car will stay electrically "active".

I used the fuse that feeds the esp. Comes on with ignition and goes off. Works well. I would tell you which one it is but I think my book is different so I just pulled out every fuse until it worked.