Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service

Jonanstee

My annual service is due soon and i plan on doing it myself to save some £££

Am i right is saying the 1.6 engine on the mk2 focus doesn't have a changeable oil filter like most other cars?

If it's the 1.6 petrol then you're correct, (technically it has a mesh filter near the fuel tank but it's rated as a lifetime part and isn't a service item).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

If it's the 1.6 petrol then you're correct, (technically it has a mesh filter near the fuel tank but it's rated as a lifetime part and isn't a service item).

Thought that was the case.

Thanks for confirming. :)

No worries mate, it's what we're all here for :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

My annual service is due soon and i plan on doing it myself to save some £££

Am i right is saying the 1.6 engine on the mk2 focus doesn't have a changeable oil filter like most other cars?

Bit confused there as it states oil Filter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

Just to clarify, it's the fuel filter that is not changeable. The oil filter is a normal replaceable spin-on type.

7 minutes ago, mjt said:

Just to clarify, it's the fuel filter that is not changeable. The oil filter is a normal replaceable spin-on type.

That makes more sense.

I've had a lot of people tell me that there is no changeable oil filter which sounded strange to me.

Thanks for the clarification.

If it's a 1.6 petrol it's at the front, I'd also use a six sided socket on the 13mm sump plug that Ford seem to be still using.

12 hours ago, kingsblue said:

If it's a 1.6 petrol it's at the front, I'd also use a six sided socket on the 13mm sump plug that Ford seem to be still using.

Concur, imperative to use a six sided socket, Ford plugs have a nasty habit of rounding on the edges.

23 hours ago, Devonboy said:

Bit confused there as it states Oil Filter.

To be honest I 100% read the initial post from the Op as "fuel filter", probably on the basis that no car engine could have a "Lifetime" oil filter.