• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience


Recommended Posts

My annual service is due soon and i plan on doing it myself to save some £££

 

Am i right is saying the 1.6 engine on the mk2 focus doesn't have a changeable oil filter like most other cars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

If it's the 1.6 petrol then you're correct, (technically it has a mesh filter near the fuel tank but it's rated as a lifetime part and isn't a service item).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

If it's the 1.6 petrol then you're correct, (technically it has a mesh filter near the fuel tank but it's rated as a lifetime part and isn't a service item).

Thought that was the case.

 

Thanks for confirming. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

My annual service is due soon and i plan on doing it myself to save some £££

 

Am i right is saying the 1.6 engine on the mk2 focus doesn't have a changeable oil filter like most other cars?

Bit confused there as it states Oil Filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

Am i right is saying the 1.6 engine on the mk2 focus doesn't have a changeable oil filter like most other cars?

Just to clarify, it's the fuel filter that is not changeable. The oil filter is a normal replaceable spin-on type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjt said:

Just to clarify, it's the fuel filter that is not changeable. The oil filter is a normal replaceable spin-on type.

That makes more sense.

I've had a lot of people tell me that there is no changeable oil filter which sounded strange to me.

Thanks for the clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a 1.6 petrol it's at the front, I'd also use a six sided socket on the 13mm sump plug that Ford seem to be still using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kingsblue said:

If it's a 1.6 petrol it's at the front, I'd also use a six sided socket on the 13mm sump plug that Ford seem to be still using.

Concur, imperative to use a six sided socket, Ford plugs have a nasty habit of rounding on the edges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Devonboy said:

Bit confused there as it states Oil Filter.

To be honest I 100% read the initial post from the Op as "fuel filter", probably on the basis that no car engine could have a "Lifetime" oil filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just directly behind the drivers side bumper up front mines screwed off easily by hand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now