Do Not Sell My Personal Information

speaker sizes

cdo1uk

Hi, i have an 05 focus 1.6 tdci and thinking of upgrading the Speakers and fitting amps and a small sub for SQ.Just want to know what sizes are the front Speakers and will i need adaptors ?

thanks

In my mk1 i THINK they were roughly 8x something daft (there massive in mk1's not sure about mk2's) i needed adaptors so the replacments would fit in the hole in the door these also limit what size replacement speaker's you can have check on various car audio websites under speaker adaptor's etc.

I really love audio system's the world's your oyster if youve got the money and the power but when your on a budjet like me of less than £25,000 for an ice install what you may find is that you loose some of the quality over the standard ford speaker's the ford ones are impressive for standard's to say the least. Id just fit the sub and a pair of 6x9's in the rear shelf and see what you think to that this way you get a rough idea of what kind of power your after and decide if you really do need to change the door speaker's.

Also what i found was that once my car had been taken apart door card wise inc the rear's (mines 3door) that the number of squeeks and rattles doubled even more so with the bass that the replacment Speakers created.

Dont let that put you off though if your truley adamnt that you want a full ice install join the crew and do it just be warey of what your fitting and the chance that the car may develop a few squeeks and rattles along the way. Also mate what kind of music do you listen to that tends to make a hell of a difference and what brand of gear were you thinking to install?

Mike

In my mk1 i THINK they were roughly 8x something daft (there massive in mk1's not sure about mk2's) i needed adaptors so the replacments would fit in the hole in the door these also limit what size replacement speaker's you can have check on various car audio websites under speaker adaptor's etc.

I really love audio system's the world's your oyster if youve got the money and the power but when your on a budjet like me of less than £25,000 for an ice install what you may find is that you loose some of the quality over the standard ford speaker's the ford ones are impressive for standard's to say the least. Id just fit the sub and a pair of 6x9's in the rear shelf and see what you think to that this way you get a rough idea of what kind of power your after and decide if you really do need to change the door speaker's.

Also what i found was that once my car had been taken apart door card wise inc the rear's (mines 3door) that the number of squeeks and rattles doubled even more so with the bass that the replacment speakers created.

Dont let that put you off though if your truley adamnt that you want a full ice install join the crew and do it just be warey of what your fitting and the chance that the car may develop a few squeeks and rattles along the way. Also mate what kind of music do you listen to that tends to make a hell of a difference and what brand of gear were you thinking to install?

Mike

Mine is a 3 door too. not wanting to change the rear Speakers and cant stand 6x9's on the rear shelf, it just pulls the sound back when you want it across the dash like a true SQ system. I have always had JL Audio in the past, and will be getting that again. Im not new to in car entertainment, heres my last one

ga_1546_full.jpg

ga_1548_full.jpg

Didint want to got that extreme this time, just a JL HD600/4 and one 8W7 sub and components.... just dunno what ones yet coz i dont know the size, didnt want to take the door cards off till im ready to fit.

vauxhall omega, nice cars lol. Anyway i understand where your coming from when i installed into my focus i wanted bass then changed my mind and went after quality.

I only ever use vibe gear its expensive but seems to last the course and take a hell of a pounding. Ive got 5" black air component's in the doors with crossovers and tweeters raised to ear level (as you probs no a !Removed! to do but mean you get the full effect abit more) 6x9 slick's on the rear shelf and a vibe blackbox 1400w sub in zee boot to power it all.

There my attempt's oh and mate how the hell do you power all that im dying to get my sub back in but afraid it will completly kill my focus it struggles as it is trying to run the 1400w + heated screens etc :(

Mike

post-9491-1263669075_thumb.jpg

post-9491-1263669302_thumb.jpg

vauxhall omega, nice cars lol. Anyway i understand where your coming from when i installed into my focus i wanted bass then changed my mind and went after quality.

I only ever use vibe gear its expensive but seems to last the course and take a hell of a pounding. Ive got 5" black air component's in the doors with crossovers and tweeters raised to ear level (as you probs no a !Removed! to do but mean you get the full effect abit more) 6x9 slick's on the rear shelf and a vibe blackbox 1400w sub in zee boot to power it all.

There my attempt's oh and mate how the hell do you power all that im dying to get my sub back in but afraid it will completly kill my focus it struggles as it is trying to run the 1400w + heated screens etc :(

Mike

never seen the vibe stuff perform.... i had a yellow top optima battery and zero gage power and earth cable. thats was very hard to fit, trying to run that through the car....

ga_1549_full.jpg

never seen the vibe stuff perform.... i had a yellow top optima battery and zero gage power and earth cable. thats was very hard to fit, trying to run that through the car....

ga_1549_full.jpg

Bloodey hell lmao i dont need one as excessive as that was looking at a standard heavy duty battery like the one in the link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Battery-F...=item414a84613d

I found running cables through the car a pain in the !Removed! at the best of times next car i get im going to leave the ford Speakers in and just fit a sub then adjust the settings via the headunit/on the sub accordingaly

OR

ford did do a advanced audio package on the st170 with a factory fit subwoofer, tweeters etc would quite like to get my hands on one of them lol

Did you find a store that does mk2 speaker adaptors by chance?

Bloodey hell lmao i dont need one as excessive as that was looking at a standard heavy duty battery like the one in the link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Battery-F...=item414a84613d

I found running cables through the car a pain in the !Removed! at the best of times next car i get im going to leave the ford speakers in and just fit a sub then adjust the settings via the headunit/on the sub accordingaly

OR

ford did do a advanced audio package on the st170 with a factory fit subwoofer, tweeters etc would quite like to get my hands on one of them lol

Did you find a store that does mk2 speaker adaptors by chance?

there are loads on eBay, look for focus and c max speaker rings. cheap too... i have to say the standard Speakers are good in my focus, mids and tweeters as standard front and rear (3 door) with the sony 6cd head unit..... i may go the sub only route like you say....

there are loads on ebay, look for focus and c max speaker rings. cheap too... i have to say the standard speakers are good in my focus, mids and tweeters as standard front and rear (3 door) with the sony 6cd head unit..... i may go the sub only route like you say....

If it wasnt for my need of handsfree phone and a usb input id of fitted a sony 6cd into my mk1 but as you say mate id just try the sub and see how it goes from there let me no how it goes for you!!

Mike

If it wasnt for my need of handsfree phone and a usb input id of fitted a sony 6cd into my mk1 but as you say mate id just try the sub and see how it goes from there let me no how it goes for you!!

Mike

just make sure they heavy duty batteries are calcium batteries or they wont last 5 mins and trust me it wouldnt be the first place ive seen selling lead acid batteries for a ford

the eBay ones aint that heavy duty 370 cca my moura silver calcium which was 30 quid and ford approved is 400cca and it isnt a heavy duty battery with a 3year gaurantee and i can highly recommend them

just make sure they heavy duty batteries are calcium batteries or they wont last 5 mins and trust me it wouldnt be the first place ive seen selling lead acid batteries for a ford

the ebay ones aint that heavy duty 370 cca my moura silver calcium which was 30 quid and ford approved is 400cca and it isnt a heavy duty battery with a 3year gaurantee and i can highly recommend them

30 quid thats sound! where could i get one of them from though

Mike

30 quid thats sound! where could i get one of them from though

Mike

if you have a farmers autocare you can buy one from there or search moura and youll get a whole host of stockists

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club