Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 1.0L Ecoboost estate - which fuse to tap for ignition feed?

mjt

I know this has been asked before and fuse 85 or 86 suggested for a piggyback tap but when I look in my Owner's Manual it's not clear that either of these is suitable.

Fuse 85 is 'Climate control heater, passenger airbag deactivation switch, heated seats switch, auxiliary heater, manual air conditioning heater module'

Fuse 86 is 'Restraint system, passenger airbag deactivation system'

Could someone confirm if either of these is suitable and if so is it safe to pull them without first disconnecting the battery since they are connected with the passenger airbag? Also are they standard or mini-blade size? I'm about to go and buy the parts to tap for a dashcam and would like to avoid having to grovel around looking.

I have a Haynes manual but the circuit diagrams appear incomplete. I can't find any mention of the keyless start button and nothing on the fuel system (fuel pump, injectors etc) or ignition (coils, plugs etc.). Pretty useless in fact.

Its safe to pull any fuse without disconnecting batt.

I'd tap off heater circuit for a dashcam supply , less critical than airbag system if it goes all pete tong.

Fuses are either mini or micro blade if its the under glovebox fuse tray , cant remember which.

85 and 86 is for the Mk3.5.

Mk3 might be slightly different, just look for heated seats or something in your manual.

Hi Alex,

As I mentioned, fuse 85 includes 'heated seats switch'. Is this what you meant?

Pete, I assume you're referring to fuse 85 'auxiliary heater'? I was just a bit concerned that it also includes the airbag deactivation switch but I guess that's less critical than the airbag circuit itself which looks to be on fuse 86.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club