Do Not Sell My Personal Information

windscreen scuttle query

Richjw

Hi all

I have noticed on my fiesta 2012 that the scuttle (i believe is the right name - not sure) has come away from the windscreen glass slightly and filled with grunge which i have cleaned out.

I was wondering whether this is normal or is it meant to be sealed tight against the glass for water to run over?

I have just looked under the bonnet now its raining and seen some water dripping underneath. 

Any ideas whether this needs replacing, resealing or if its fine as it is?

Thanks

Rich

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

looks normal to me just as you said its collected a load of crud, its not bonded to the windscreen as it has to come of  at one time or another for example windscreen change and or window wipers mechanism  lubrication if needed. Just give it a good clean and keep on top of the build up. The water dripping underneath from there is normal as there is usually some drain holes at the side or bottom for the water to get out from under there sometimes with a small pipe attached to it depending on car type . Fom your pics it looks as if you are parked under or by  a tree or something that would account for the crud

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club