Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Respray/repair

Anthony28

Hey guys, how much do we think to have this repaired. I took this to someone today they were recommend from a friend, they said £870 for it all done. That included the purchase of a door from the scrap yard and a respray of this plus fitting of this as well. I did have another quote of £150 to fill and spray but by his own admission it wouldn't be perfect. IMG_20170831_185227.thumb.jpg.5c4733afddb56ccd067c1451d2290179.jpg

IMG_20170831_174410.jpg

IMG_20170831_174412.jpg

Rear quarter is the hardest part to fix unfortunately so does cost a lot to repair to a decent standard, that would easily write the car off if you went through insurance.  Door is easy to replace though, can probably find one the right colour if you keep looking which will keep the cost down.  

I've just had a rear quarter on the mrs 3dr Ibiza repaired and resprayed. it cost around £350. It took 4 years for a previous poor repair to surface and crack but it has been fixed properly now - you wouldn't know it has been painted tbh. 

Door, rear quarter, looks like the wheel got a fairly big scuff as well. £870 may be optimistic imo. As noted above, rear quarter isn't as easily swapped as a door. 

The rear quarter is the bit i was less bothered about to be honest. 
When i went and got the quote yesterday i left the car with the body shop. The quote was text to me late in the evening, when i got the quote i said i couldn't warrant spending that on it and went to collect it today. The garage had in fact, already started the work. They had stripped the new door the had purchased ready for primer and paint and they had pinned and pulled out the damage on the rear side and sanded it down to metal, he has done a great job of pulling most of the damage out. I saw the car before the bloke doing the work and figured i would be charged excessively for the work already done and for not going through with the job. Turns out the guy was brilliant, told me not to worry and charged me only what he had paid for the door (£48 inc VAT). I was more grateful than anything, and in some way wished i could have got him to do the job lot.
However, looking around some gumtree adds i have found the exact model and colour of door that i need for £65 and it is less than an hour away. I have contacted the seller just waiting on a reply.

By the way if anyone needs a drivers door for a mk6 fiesta then i have one sanded and ready for priming.

Pictures of spare door and current state of car below

IMG_20170928_110842.jpg

IMG_20170928_171630.jpg

IMG_20170928_171608.jpg

IMG_20170928_171618.jpg

IMG_20170928_110847.jpg

IMG_20170928_110850.jpg

IMG_20170928_090212.jpg

Thank you for all the advice by the way, i really do appreciate it

you had better get some paint on that quick, it will be rusty in next to no time. 

You were pretty unlucky really, a few inches higher and most of the damage would have been on the door protectors

I am going to get a tin of primer Monday but for now it is covered in oil

• 2 weeks later...

I got the car back today and the work they have done is brilliant, especially considering it only cost me £150. 

Looks mint. Did you say how that scratch came about. 

I was driving out of a car park and there was a foot high metal barrier that i just didn't see. 

Well it looks like new. I'm planning on getting the door strips and handles sprayed the same as the body. There's a place my uncle uses which charged £70 to respray his wing. Hopefully these trims may be less but don't know because it could be fiddly. 

Zain611, no idea where you are based but just so you know, the place I got my body work done was a place in brighouse called deanos. 

Thanks Anthony, I'm not getting anything sprayed any time soon as I need to get my injectors checked as I have a suspicion ones leaking. My dad also has seen a spraying course which is aimed towards a DIY sprayer so if my dad gets experience then could just get them spayed at home

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club