Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MadMalx

Cambelt snapped

4 posts in this topic

Went to start the Focus this morning and got the clunk-whizz of a failed cambelt! How hard a job is it to fix? It's an 03 1.6 Zetec SE engine, with 58k on the clock - Ford dealer told me the belt would be fine till 100k, even though I had my doubts!

Went to start the Focus this morning and got the clunk-whizz of a failed cambelt! How hard a job is it to fix? It's an 03 1.6 Zetec SE engine, with 58k on the clock - Ford dealer told me the belt would be fine till 100k, even though I had my doubts!

It's usually a 60k job to be honest, regardless of what dealers suggest. Depending on whether it was a simple fail or a mashed-valves job, it's hard to say without getting someone to look at it properly.

It's usually a 60k job to be honest, regardless of what dealers suggest. Depending on whether it was a simple fail or a mashed-valves job, it's hard to say without getting someone to look at it properly.

saying that the guys on 58k so its failed befoire its scheduled change ide be tempted to call ford and see what they say you may get it done a lot cheaper as its happened before the 60k mark and well short of the 100k mark get on the blower to youre local dealer

saying that the guys on 58k so its failed befoire its scheduled change ide be tempted to call ford and see what they say you may get it done a lot cheaper as its happened before the 60k mark and well short of the 100k mark get on the blower to youre local dealer

i suspect the will not be interested unless its got a full ford service history, i know renault are like that.

to be fair, we dont know how the car is used, if its used more around the town than anything else then i would expect it to snap alot earlier than a car that clocks up all its miles on the motorway!