Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger CD Player

doctorbig

THE CD PLAYER ON MY 2007 RANGER HAS JAMMED, DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE RADIO / CD PLAYER FROM THE DASH , THERE ARE TWO SCREWS BEHIND THE HEATER CONTROLS WHICH I HAVE UNDONE BUT THE UNIT WILL NOT COME OUT, REGARDS DOC.

Basically, you remove the heater control switches and pull from the bottom to release, and then from the top towards you. The cd player stays attached to the fascia, and feels like it is going to break as you pull it up but it doesn't unless you pull to hard.

It only unclips about an inch from the dash to become loose so you can put your fingers underneath.

The main release is at the bottom and there are 3 on each side, (two by the heater controls and one at the top) on each side.

It then slides straight out forward, leaving the hazard, aircon and recirc switches in place.

If your unit is broken, I have one for sale for £100 plus p+p including fascia out of my 57 plate Ranger. It was used for 2 months from new before I fitted a double din fascia with 7 inch screen and reverse camera.

Hope this helps.

Nick...

Basically, you remove the heater control switches and pull from the bottom to release, and then from the top towards you. The cd player stays attached to the fascia, and feels like it is going to break as you pull it up but it doesn't unless you pull to hard.

It only unclips about an inch from the dash to become loose so you can put your fingers underneath.

The main release is at the bottom and there are 3 on each side, (two by the heater controls and one at the top) on each side.

It then slides straight out forward, leaving the hazard, aircon and recirc switches in place.

If your unit is broken, I have one for sale for £100 plus p+p including fascia out of my 57 plate Ranger. It was used for 2 months from new before I fitted a double din fascia with 7 inch screen and reverse camera.

Hope this helps.

Nick...

Thanks for the info Nick just took my unit out, if we cannot repair it I will speak to you about buying yours, Regards Dave,

No problem!

You could pick it up to save postage if you can't fix it as I see you are from Port Talbot.

Hi Nick looks like my unit is u/s , will buy yours for £100 and will pick it up please let me know your address and a time to suit .

ps do have the radio code .

my email is - davidphillips007@sky.com

• 5 months later...

Dear friends, my 2007 Ford Ranger is stuck with the CD player, appears to me the error code lock code, I already have the serial number of that starts with AHK, anyone know how can I release?