Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 5 door fez track car

pazzer

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 Fiesta 1.4 16v 5 door. Now my insurance is almost up and I'm looking at changing cars anyway (still deciding on a car). But I want to do some track work and I thought that rather than scrap the little Fez as it's done 136k miles. I've done a lot of work since buying it to get it running smoothly and it's ran relatively okay and gotten me to work everyday so I want it to go out with a bang rather than being scrapped or flogged for £200.

So, what can I do to turn my little Fez into a track practice car, I'm willing to spend around £1000 to get it track prepped. I've been told the ST150 shocks and rear discs can be swapped over to it? 

So, within my smallish budget, what can be done?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks again guys.

With a grand you could buy a better car to track tbh.  Anything you do to the 1.4 will make it even slower due to the extra weight, I know its not all about speed but there is a limit lol.  But if you want to - 

ST150 rear disc axle

Focus 300mm front brakes with decent pads

Lightweight alloys with decent track tyres 

Eibach springs or coilovers

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

With a grand you could buy a better car to track tbh.  Anything you do to the 1.4 will make it even slower due to the extra weight, I know its not all about speed but there is a limit lol.  But if you want to - 

ST150 rear disc axle

Focus 300mm front brakes with decent pads

Lightweight alloys with decent track tyres 

Eibach springs or coilovers

I probably wont spend a grand but it's just the max I'm willing to spend, I don't want to buy another car as I just basically want to track this until it dies now. I'm getting another daily anyway but I'll need insurance to drive it to and from the track but that's the only driving it'll need to do. 

I've seen a Ford breakers that tear up a lot of ST150s and Focus ST/RS so maybe I can nab some parts from them. 

Chances are they're all going to be safety/handling mods as I know the car isn't a racer, might just tear the back seats out to save some weight also. 

But thank you for the input, it's much appreciated and I'll have a look into them.

Weight saving is a good idea tbf, rear seats, door cards, spare wheel etc can all be removed. 

As for safety mods, you could go for a rollcage, but that will be your entire budget...cost a grand for my mates one! :ohmy:  

Depends how serious you're going to be. Some places require bucket seats and harness setup. Others want a rollcage and electrical cut off too. Pretty much everywhere wants fire extinguisher etc.

All of that will easily run you £1000, and that's before you start looking at the suspension and brakes.

On 30/09/2017 at 1:41 PM, Luke4efc said:

Depends how serious you're going to be. Some places require bucket seats and harness setup. Others want a rollcage and electrical cut off too. Pretty much everywhere wants fire extinguisher etc.

All of that will easily run you £1000, and that's before you start looking at the suspension and brakes.

Well I live in the Midlands, near Derby so I'm not 100% what track rules are for the close ones. I'll have to have a look into it I guess but I suppose I could trade this for a 3 door mk5 and just make it a bit of a track car and use it to practise 

I'd agree with tomsfocus for getting the ST rear axle. I myself am thinking of getting it for my fiesta. I've seen them on eBay for around £100-125. You also want to try and get it with the ST handbrake cable. Overall with that fitted you'll have better braking.