Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 zetec s upgrades

zain611

Hey everyone, just thought on making a topic on the little upgrades I'm planning on putting on the car and could help others if they are planning on doing the same thing. 

Bought some LED rear brake lights and reverse lights from autobeam as I thought I could give them a try. Also bought their LED indicators and the best thing is you don't need to wire in any resistors with these which can save a lot of time and hassle. Want to thank jonro for the discount code and letting me know about autobeam. 

Ordered a rear view mirror with monitor and a camera which will be fitted on the boot lip where the number plate lights are. This mirror can be ordered so the base slots into the factory slot not that it clips over the original mirror. 

Lastly is the dash cam. Was fitted onto my previous car and hopefully will fit it along with the camera. 

DSC_0051.JPG

Screenshot_20170920-104641.png

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

• Like 1

That's a good mirror setup. My dealer fitted one has the screen in the centre of the mirror so you can't see anything behind in the distance. 

• Like 1

Hey ThaiFiesta, one thing I want to ask is when the display is on can you still see behind you when looking through the rear view mirror or does it obstruct your view. I'm sure the monitor on mine is on the left hand side. 

Hopefully on Monday the LED indicators will arrive and can send some pictures of them installed along with the LED  brake lights and reverse lights. I'd recommend them mainly because you don't require resistors for these. 

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Hey ThaiFiesta, one thing I want to ask is when the display is on can you still see behind you when looking through the rear view mirror or does it obstruct your view. I'm sure the monitor on mine is on the left hand side. 

It looks like yours is offset so you still have plenty of mirror to use in the conventional manner. Mine is smack bang in the middle and leaves nothing to see behind in the distance. 😞

• Like 1

At least you have it. Spares the hassle of judging how far you think the car is to an object. On my previous car I install parking sensors as parking around college and now uni is a bit tight. My dad installed a camera on his car which looked really good so thought on doing it on the feza. 

I also bought a new key case as my one can't be folded in. This is from the newer fords. The new fords have a different fob design so can't use those. Jaguar also have the same key fob as I heard their key electronics are made by Ford. 

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

Hi Zain

hsve you used the led indicator bulbs yes as looking to get some myself and are the brake bulbs also side light bulbs?

• Like 1

Hey TangoDaz, the indicators haven't arrived yet so can't say anything yet about them. Thought they'd arrive today. From looking at the reviews people have said they give an intense amber light. The brake light is 380 double contact and yes this would be both the sidelights and brake lights. Im going to wait for the indicators to arrive first before I put the brake light and reverse lights in. 

These are the bulbs I bought:

LED indicators (don't require resistors)

LED 380 rear / brake unit

LED reverse lights

Indicators arrived. Probably will fit all the LED Bulbs in today and might take pics. 

_20171003_173406.JPG

• Like 1

Let me know how you get on and some photos would be great 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I fitted all the LEDs in the car. I really really highly recommend these autobeam indicators. They blind you when looking at them close and they didn't speed up the indicators flash speed. You can't make out from the picture but they are very bright. 

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

• Like 2

Looks good may even get them for my focus on the front as I already have them on the rear lights I know I am sad but it like the flash effect of led bulbs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TangoDaz said:

Looks good may even get them for my focus on the front as I already have them on the rear lights I know I am sad but it like the flash effect of led bulbs 

Do give autobeam a try with their premium indicators. Lol I understand you about liking the faster flashing (my uncles the same) but it's the brightness I really like about it. The reverse and brake lights are okay aswell but I found the indicators to be the best out of the 3.

by faster flash do you mean the more positive off and on ?

yea know what you mean about the brightness I have the sr/rs type rear lights on my focus and I have also fitted led brake lights as well as the fog and reversing light on clear smoked lenses.

my son wants to smoke his rear lights that's why we may need to have LED Bulbs so that the lights can be seen lol

4 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

my son wants to smoke his rear lights that's why we may need to have led bulbs so that the lights can be seen lol

Definitely use these indicators. It may be best to get them smoked professionally so you have a nice even gloss and both tail lights give out the same amount of light from the indicators, brake lights etc. I have some smoked LED side repeated I'm going to install in some point. Want to first install the reversing camera and mirror 

On 06/10/2017 at 2:53 PM, TangoDaz said:

my son wants to smoke his rear lights that's why we may need to have led bulbs so that the lights can be seen lol

Started doing the wiring for the reversing camera. Was such a pain trying to get the wire through the tailgate. 

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

I had the same problem I should have used bike brake cable to help thread the wire through 

I drilled a hole which will be where the camera wire will go through. Will put a grommet there along with silicone sealent to prevent water from getting in the car. I also found that one of the previous owners drilled a hole straight through the tailgate rather than the sealed holes when putting the number plate on. This could be where I've been getting water getting into the boot. The holes have silver primer around them. 

DSC_0064.JPG

When you get the camera working you will wonder how you managed with out one before 

• Haha 1

It's installed now, wired it in so it gets power when the ignition is on and the dash cam is fitted. Recently I noticed I get a bit of radio interference I think when I go in reverse. Going to check tomorrow to be sure. 

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

• Like 1

Here's just a quick picture of how the camera looks on the car. A little bit of the number plate was cut so it doesn't stay close to the bottom of the tailgate and doesn't get in the way if I ever think of adjusting the camera. Today and yesterday I tried to hear for any interference. The only time I heard it was when I was reversing out the driveway and the car was at an angle between the kurb and road. Apart from that I heard nothing which is a good sign. A bit of the wiring for the mirror was put on the headlining just in front where the interior light is. I noticed the aerial is above that so don't know if that wire causes it. 

DSC_0076.JPG

Hi mate just one quick question when you sent me the link for the led lights do the come in pairs? 

Darren

Hey Darren, yes all of the bulbs I bought from autobeam came in pairs. 

• Like 1

Thanks mate just ordered them for my sons fiesta looking forward to fitting them along with front fog lights and electric mirrors now I have all the bits