2 replies to this topic

#1 DaveG

DaveG

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion
Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

In an attempt to ensure a recent problem does'nt re-occur (blockage in fuel pipe), i'd simply like to know if it's advisable to use redex or something better (if so what), in a ford diesel engine ?.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,932 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

In an attempt to ensure a recent problem does'nt re-occur (blockage in fuel pipe), i'd simply like to know if it's advisable to use redex or something better (if so what), in a ford diesel engine ?.

go into any dealers and they have there own stuff

#3 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

My Ford dealer uses "FORTE" brand of diesel additive for system cleaning. There is an equivalent for petrol engines, and another specially for the older Zetec engines with sticky-valve problems. I have been using these additives since 2001, when my Rover 25 TD got its 1st service, and I queried the fuel additive. It's the best discovery I've made, for value-for-money and rapid effect.
Price is ~8.50 + VaT, for enough to treat 100 litres of fuel, or use in a low lank for a while, to clean-up an untreated engine quickly :-- look out the back window to see the black smoke clear within a few miles.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users