Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top tether car seat mk2

jimjamyaha

Hi All,

The manual for my MK2 2006 focus states that top tether anchor point is in the boot:

1507155211089.jpg

Now, from having previously searched relevant forums for top tether advice or seems that most people seem to think that these are also the boot luggage anchors, stating that these aren't to be used for top tethers as not rated or boot would crumple in a rear-end collision/and/or that top tethers weren't around until 2011 MK3 model.

Ford UK have no clue...and not going to local dealer as they have even less clue!

I think that as the manual states these are top tether and these are welded that these are probably ok to use, as well as being near the rear of the seats, rather than the end of the car.

Wondered if anyone had any other knowledge or advice?

1507155246608.jpg

That doesn't like like the right point. They're usually embedded in the back of the seat and look like this:

images.jpg.b79b04c84bf61a7798a32bf4858b8a1e.jpg

Are you using an Isofix seat?

I wouldn't have thought you'd have to lift your boot carpet to get at it though. It is possible that an anchor point is hidden right at the bottom of the back of the seat.

If not, you may have to use a support leg instead of a tether.

You don't need to lift the boot carpet, there are little flaps cut out above those points.  I'm using them to hold a toolbox etc with a ratchet strap, they seem strong enough and your manual picture would suggest they're right but they do look a bit thin compared the top tether points in other cars.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club