Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Returning to Standard

sioneon

I've got a fiesta on a 3 year deal and will be paying off the lump sum at the end to keep it. I've done some minor visual mods such as a splitter and changed the grille and fog light plastics.

When selling the car in the distant future (5/6 years from now), would I need to restore it to its original state or am I free to sell my stock parts with no repurcissions?

You can do as you please if you own the car mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that :smile:

But if I wanted to trade in part/ex at a dealership in the future would they want it to be as it was from the factory or would they not care it's got different grilles/finishes?

Best to sell private I'd say you would get more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't care if its a 6 year old trade in, will be put straight into auction as it'll be too old for the forecourt.

If you did want to return it to standard to help a private sale, it would be more cost effective to sell your parts now, then buy parts cheaply from ebay/scrapyard in the future.

• Like 1

Ok so in that case who wants honeycomb lower grille and foggy surrounds and an airblade?

25 minutes ago, sioneon said:

Ok so in that case who wants honeycomb lower grille and foggy surrounds and an airblade?

Which airblade? The standard Ford one?

IMG_4995.PNG

Yep, off the bottom of a z-s/st-line, had a splitter fitted so have no need for it, was taken off at around 1500 miles old

You are going to pay off the lump sum so that you own the car, then in another 5-6 years you plan to sell it is that right? And now you want to sell your aftermarket parts, return the car to stock looks and drive it around for 5-6 years?? Doesn't make sense to me mate, that's if I've read it right. An 8-9 year old car isn't going to be worth a great deal when it comes to it, subtle aftermarket parts are not going to have much if any impact on what you get for it. As said above it will probably go straight to auction, if it isn't involved in some scrappage scheme. I wouldn't give it any thought, leave the mods on that you like, that makes your car a bit more personal to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No no, sell the standard parts and keep the good mods on. Was just seeing if I would need them again in the future for any sale

The car is a st-line, I've swapped the honeycomb lower sections for glossed black standard ones as I think they look better and the aeroblade was removed when adding a splitter

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club