Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superceeded Part Revisions?

TomsFocus

So, is there any way to find out what revisions were made to an original Ford part when it was superceeded?

I've been having some rough running and 'flat' feeling issues for months, full service made no difference.  Browsing eBay I found a genuine brand new MAF with intake pipes (inc the crank breather that I broke last oil change!) for £30...same part is £200 on fpuk! :ohmy:  Thought it was worth a punt, not had the chance to really try it out yet though.  Noticed the part number ended EJ where mine ended EF, not sure if that's just one superceeded part or one for each letter?  Either way, would just be interested to know what was changed, looks identical from outside.

imagine it could be various reasons why revision letters change, could be supplier change , modification etc. 

i had some new maf sensors not long ago. chucked them as i didnt need them. all were for 1.6tdci. lol

Ah I didn't think about supplier change.  Just assumed they would have made it better in some way lol.

Why did you randomly have some new MAFs?  And more importantly, why bin them rather than eBay them? :o  Even just the sensor without the pipes is £90 odd new.  

No idea why I had them , someone else's poor diagnosis probably where I used to work. Never got back to parts dept. Just had a look and I've still got one. Lol

1507403709777.jpg

Lol, stick it on eBay! :biggrin: 

Tbf, I wanted the crank breather pipe as well.  The plastic clips had gone brittle and snapped last time I removed it, been getting the odd burnt oil whiff through the vents since lol.  Not gonna moan at £30 for it.

IMG_20171006_153109215.jpg

IMG_20171006_153705376_HDR.jpg

i got alsorts of odd parts, got an egr off a 1.6tdci later 8 valve engine, various parking sensors, cam sensors, tow module for kuga. split charge relay kit.
suppose i should put them on eBay.

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

You selling your car soon?

Looking to sell around Feb/March next year but that could change.

thought you had said it some where. you wont need some oil filters free then. lol

Ooh, I could use one if you're not going to use them. :biggrin: Will need oil change around January.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club