Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0704 - focus 2010 cruise control intermittent

tommyukuk

Hi, just wondering if i could get some advice, we've had our car a couple of years now with no problems till recently, our cruise control randomly cuts off after 10 minutes or so into a journey. If you start the car it will set straight away and stay set untill you finish the journey if it was say motorway travel. Normal travel it will set but after a couple of times changing gears etc it will turn off and not come back on again. If the car is stopped and turned off for around 10 minutes it will work again for a short period of time.

Tried a bluetooth scanner that came up with  P0704 - clutch switch input circuit malfunction. But I've no idea what to replace.. ideally I'd like to try do it myself if pos...

• Like 1

sounds like the switch on the clutch pedal is naff easy to do disconnect the wiring then turn the switch to take it out

The rare time a scanner code actually tells you exactly what's wrong!

Good luck resolving and post back with your results if you feel inclined to!

Thank you for the replies, will have a look on eBay for a replacement and see how to get the old one off, had a quick look earlier and it nearly broke my back trying to get down there 😂

3 minutes ago, tommyukuk said:

Thank you for the replies, will have a look on eBay for a replacement and see how to get the old one off, had a quick look earlier and it nearly broke my back trying to get down there 😂

its a bit tight lol

Ordered a new one earlier, just thought I'd try see if there were any new codes on, I seem to be getting a p12-6 powertrain, which doesn't show up on Google as a recognised code (for me) but sounds ***** expensive!!! Oh joy!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club