Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric polisher/buffer

Tommo17

Right You knowledgable lot :biggrin:

looking at getting an electric polisher/buffer but heard you need to be careful. Anyone any tips ? Don’t want to damage the old girl. Just want it looking like it’s only 4yr old not 40. I’ve got a few light scratches and my fair share of swirls. Bloke on Facebook - Cumbria auto detailing does an amazing job but was around the £700 mark to have my car looking like it’s just rolled off the production line

just ordered some t-cut back to black polish and was looking at getting a machine. Or even the drill attachment :whistling1:

thanks people

There's more skill to this than you think (speaks from experience!)  Take it to a pro.

• Like 1

Or get a panel from a scrap car and practice. There are lots of vids on this and something I'd like to have a go at some day!

Chrisfix on YouTube has a crapload of detailing vids as well as some more...interesting ones!

• Thanks 1

Thanks phil will have a look. Think I’ll just take it to a pro. If I can part with the 700 notes :ph34r:

1. dont use t cut , its too harsh and is only needed to flatten new paint / overspray

2. dont ever use a drill polishing attachment , you;ll burn a hole through your clear coat in no time at all

3. 700 quid for prep , decon , and machine polish is excessive , shop around

• Like 1

Well what is the relative cost of a DA and any old scrap panel to have a go on? 

It's up to you of course but I would want to at least have a go on a practice piece and then decide if I wanted to do the real thing. 

For me it's not just a question of saving money but also learning a new skill.

• Like 1

For beginner is good to start with orbital polisher- das6 (not as power full as normal but not risk to make serious damage to paint).For polish good is poor boys or maguires. 

This had excellent reviews so giving that a go. 

And the £700 looks a price worth paying. Check the guys work out on Facebook. 

Cumbria auto detailing

B175D205-1414-4D7F-8C47-B9BC6C85BFD1.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club