Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bi-xenon help needed

White_fiesta

I have a mk7.5 fiesta, I'm wanting bi xenon lights to go into my Projectors, do I need a kit or is it a swap of projector?

Edited by White_fiesta
Hell changed to help*

You will need a ballast with the xenon bulbs and put them somewhere away from heat and vibration. Can't you take out the bulb without taking out the projector. Just asking as I don't have a mk7.5. As you have projectors you just put the xenon bulb in. Don't get those xenon kits which have some shield on the bottom of the bulbs as those are really designed to be put in halogen housings. 

As above, what @zain611 says is right. You do not have to do anything to the lenses themselves if you are fitting an aftermarket HID Kit, just swap the bulbs over. You will need a 35W slim pro ballast kit, one that is CANbus friendly. I’m not sure you will need a Bi-Xenon kit though, it’s a single bulb behind the projector lens with the main beam inside the reflector part of the unit. If you have the units that have only a reflector housing then please don’t get an aftermarket kit, you will blind oncoming traffic regardless of what the blurb says about it being a specially designed bulb. After fitting a kit it’s always good practice to go and get the levelling checked at your local MOT test centre, usually costs a couple of beer tokens. Worth it though, and don’t forget that all the kits are for off road use only so if you are unlucky you could fail MOT or even get pulled by the police. I never did when I was running with them fitted, guess I was lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk