29 replies to this topic

#16 alltalk20

alltalk20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium 09 plate

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hi all,

Im new to this site and have just been reading your problems with the front suspension which sounds the same as mine. I have a new ZetecS which has only done 3k.

I noticed a loud knocking/crunching noise aswell as a creaking noise from what seemed to be coming from the n/s front suspension when going over quite harsh speed bumps. The type of speed hump you find in a super market car park. The sound is quite concerning as it sounds almost like something is about to drop off underneath, although when checking the car over it all looks ok. Im hoping its just some kind of plastic sheild moving as the car flexs over a harsh speed hump and sounds worse than it really is but, still its a bit concerning for a new car.

The strange thing is under normal driving conditions and even going over normal speed humps carefully the car doesnt make any noise.

I dont really want to have to have some muppet at Ford's say it needs suspension parts and start fitting bits willy nilly.

I would be interested to hear of anyone else who has experianced a simlar issue and if they have had it rectified by Fords.

I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Steve.

Hi,

I am new to this site to and thought i'd join after having my 7th problem with my 09 1.4 petrol titanium fiesta. I have had everything happen from a faulty stereo to the dreaded internal leaking due to the faulty seal on the A pillar on the offside, this resulted in the whole carpet and some other electrical bits needing replacing.

My car is currently back in today having both suspension arms replaced on the front, apparently they were faulty, I didnt even get an argument from the dealer when I took it in due to the strange creaking it made going over speed bumps. My advice is to get it checked, there are quite a few common issues with the fiesta and the dealer will check it out for you under warranty. Also its worth while contacting ford customer relations to start a log of the faults, this way they may give you a "good will" gesture. The fiesta is a great little car and I love mine dont get me wrong, but it has been nothing but trouble. My friend has the Zetec S model and has again had a range of faults from the front windscreen coming loose to the passenger door breaking. I get the impression the Quality control person took the week off when they built our cars!

Good luck with the suspension let me know how it goes.

Ben

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

My suspension problem has been fixed. Ford replaced both suspension arms, and that seems to of fixed the problem for now......

#18 jude

jude

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

It's interesting that 2 of you have had the suspension arms replaced.

My car was back in the garage yesterday and they have now acknowledged that there is a problem. They've greased up every rubber part on the suspension & it's still making the noise over speed humps, they even compared it with another Fiesta.

It's going back again next week for them to have yet another look & I think I'll mention about the suspension arms.

#19 Brayster

Brayster

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

hi guys old thread i know but does anyone know if any more came of this? I have a similar issue at the moment where the car rattles over small bumps in teh road and clunks over speed humps and vibrates really bad in reverse if the car is full/heavy or I reverse quickly.

Ford have said yes we can hear them both but we don't waht it is - come back if it gets worse and that all fiesta's do this?

#20 ConfusedDaze

ConfusedDaze

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Name: Confused
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Mine brand new fiesta (one month old) just started creaking from the front left suspension tonight coming home over some speed bumps.

Bit concerned - the car has only done 400 odd miles ! Gonna take it up the dealer tomorrow and have a moan. Was going in for the passenger seat anyway so might as well see what they can do for that.

Mark did the replacement arms fix it ? Im thinking with the car being so new they'd have fitted the upgraded parts if there were any so I'm guessing this is just a design flaw that hasn't been fixed. Not sure.

#21 pouly

pouly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium 1.4 sea grey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

hi i have a 59 plate 1.4 titanium and i had the same problem took it back to fords and they replaced front suspension no questions asked

#22 lyndon-mk7

lyndon-mk7

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Lyndon
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

i have the same problem in my 1.25 zetec 11 plate. ive had it in 3 times now and they have replaced both shocker tops and you can still hear the creaking its off back in next week for a 4th time to get it sorted do you think a full replacement of the shocks will solve it? thanks

#23 Johnwoodman

Johnwoodman

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Greetings from Africa, got a 2011 1.4 fiesta with the same knocking issue, not really what I would expect from a 1 year old vehicle, definitly going back to the dealer ASAP... Haven't really noticed any of this creaking or crunching that you're describing, hopefully that wont rear its head at all.

Anybody else from South Africa had this issue?

#24 Turner_92

Turner_92

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S Frozen White

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hi.
I have a 12 plate zetec s which has just done this on way home from work.
Thought front wheels had come off.
Only done 2000 miles so should I take it to the garage and complain.
Want some new illuminated door sills u reckon they'll throw them in. Haha

#25 Girlracer

Girlracer

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

hi guys mine is a 10 plate zs had similar problems myself for the harsh noise over speed bumps i had my anti roll bushes changed cant hear nothing now and as for the creaky steering i had a new top strut put on now no creaky steering had quite a few probs not good hey ive got prob with my clutch as im changin from 1st to 2nd bringin out the clutch pedal can hear like a chirpin noise or weird cant explain took it in and they couldnt really hear it never can can they lol so im just seein how it goes really my warranty ends june so need it sortin before then seems worse when the car is cold odd one anybody else had this ?? x

#26 Girlracer

Girlracer

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

anybody had this on their zs ????? nobody has replied x

#27 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oops, only just saw this old topic :lol:. I no longer own the car which had this problem, but in the 9 months or so after being fixed - the problem never came back.

#28 CJ989

CJ989

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

My S1600, with a little over 10,000 miles on has just developed a creak/groan from the front suspension over speed bumps.

Car went into dealer last week, who have been excellent. They replaced suspension top mounts, but it has not solved the problem, so its going in again this week. I will definitely mention the suspension arms to them, as from this forum, that seems to solve the problem in some cases. I'll post the outcome later this week!

#29 CJ989

CJ989

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Just as an update, dealer replaced suspension arm bushes, which has stopped the noise!! Dealer service was excellent.

Car's due a service next month, it's 1st one. Dealer has quoted me 186.50, which I thought was really pricey!! Going to ring round a few ford dealers in the area, and get some prices.

#30 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Just as an update, dealer replaced suspension arm bushes, which has stopped the noise!! Dealer service was excellent.

Car's due a service next month, it's 1st one. Dealer has quoted me £186.50, which I thought was really pricey!! Going to ring round a few ford dealers in the area, and get some prices.

You should be looking around £150-£170 for the first service with a Ford dealer

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users