Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cigarette lighter fault

Alwill

Hi guys.

Cigarette lighter won't work.I've had this problem before and resolved it with a fuse change but not this time.Has anyone encountered this?Thinking of replacing cigarette lighter now,any help would be appreciated.

Mine was a fuse which powered the cigarette lighter socket and the one in the arm rest.  Do both not work or just the cigarette lighter?  Is it the port or the actual cigarette heating element that you push in to light a cig?

I only have the one port.I have recently changed the battery after the car was sorn for a while so I replaced the 20amp fuse but to no avail.I have heard that Sat navs,chargers ect need a higher amp fuse?but am trying to eliminate options before I think of removal.Thanks Praada.

I put a 20 amp in fuse 109 as recommended by somebody on here and it sorted it mate.  Failing that maybe a corroded wire from a spillage or something as the cup holders are right next that port :( they don't hold cans of pop very well either i tend to use the rear arm rest as they hold drinks better :)

Clean the center contact with a cotton bud. Remove the fuse beforehand and let it dry before placing back. No sat nav I can ever imagine would need a 20A fuse. Replacing a blown fuse with a larger value without first checking for faults is asking for a fire - you have to ensure the wiring can handle the higher fault current required to blow the fuse.

In my socket at least, there are two slots either side - one of my phone chargers has the ground ears that slip straight through these slots meaning that 1) it gets stuck in the socket and pulls the whole cig assembly out when you remove it, and 2) it doesn't make good ground contact

Ford lighter sockets are covered by 20A fuses as standard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club