Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync app link?

Pebbleheed

My 62 plate focus has sync installed. I can see an option to install sync apps but it doesn’t seem to work.

If I run Spotify on my iPhone and connect it via usb cable I was under the impression this should automatically pick up and install?

Anyone got this working?

it doesnt work on sync 1.0

this feature only works on sync1.1 with app link

SYNC 1.1 (SYNC with APPlink) was introduced early 2014. older vehicles did have SYNC 1.0 which did not have APPlink. 

SYNC 1.1 can easily be retrofitted on SYNC 1.0 vehicles. To do this the APIM (SYNC) module must be changed for a SYNC 1.1 version. Afterwards the APIM module needs to be configured properly using the correct configuration settings. These settings are different from the SYNC 1.0 settings. 

ive got sync 1.0 in my 63 reg focus. but when i was in the scrapyard searching for something else i got my hands on a sync 1.1 module part number e1bt for basically nothing. so i installed it and it worked fine with phone etc but when pressing the sync button instead of it coming up on the screen with the phone usb option etc it was giving other random options regarding am-fm and play next or previous track etc. never seen this before as i know many people have installed d1bt modules on fiestas without any problems so im guessing the e1bt module has a later version of sync?.

FCA0C75D-6327-44C7-BE7C-044383924B4C.jpeg

5F471010-EF91-4000-9BAA-C03379011FF7.jpeg

The E1BT modules are used on the Kuga and Focus MK3.5 (and also some other Ford models). These vehicles have a different ACM that also supports Voicecontrol for radio (FM-AM) and some other functions. As a result of this the APIM module is configured differently to also support this functionality.

After this APIM module is configured with the correct SYNC 1.1 settings for the Focus MK3 the unsupported menu items disappear and the APIM module will work correctly as it should.

thanks jw. when i took it out of the car there was only the sync module the wiring loom and the carpet left everything else had gone so i didnt realise is was a mk3.5.  i know you can change the settings with forscan but im unsure of what the correct configuration would be?.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

it doesnt work on sync 1.0

this feature only works on sync1.1 with app link

I thought so, just didn't understand why it says install Sync apps on my menu and another option for Sync apps. Both are able to be selected but say Apps not found.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

SYNC 1.1 (SYNC with APPlink) was introduced early 2014. older vehicles did have SYNC 1.0 which did not have APPlink. 

SYNC 1.1 can easily be retrofitted on SYNC 1.0 vehicles. To do this the APIM (SYNC) module must be changed for a SYNC 1.1 version. Afterwards the APIM module needs to be configured properly using the correct configuration settings. These settings are different from the SYNC 1.0 settings. 

What do I search for to buy one of these and where would I get the settings?

I presume it would be something I could set if I bought a cable and Forscan?

The APIM module can be identified by the part number.

AM5T-14D212-xx is a SYNC 1.0 APIM module.

D1BT-14D212-xx or E1BT-14D-212-xx are SYNC 1.1 APIM modules.

My APIM module has part number D1BT-14D212-LA. This module originally came from a 2015 Fiesta. However after I configured it correctly the module works without any problems.

The configuration below is usually correct for a Focus MK3 after retrofitting the SYNC 1.1 APIM module:

7D0-01-01    111F 88C0 0354
7D0-01-02    4000 001A
7D0-02-01    044E 4C00 0078
7D0-02-02    00DB
7D0-03-01    0000 0000 00DB

thank you jw. i will get myself an extended license for forscan and have a crack at it.

I've had a look at the thread below. Is it as simple as that if I'm sticking with my blue screen and my stereo? I don't mind the blue screen and I love that my stereo has DAB so I'll stick with them happily.

Can I just change the black box over as suggested in the thread below and expect the new features?

6 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The APIM module can be identified by the part number.

AM5T-14D212-xx is a SYNC 1.0 APIM module.

D1BT-14D212-xx or E1BT-14D-212-xx are SYNC 1.1 APIM modules.

My APIM module has part number D1BT-14D212-LA. This module originally came from a 2015 Fiesta. However after I configured it correctly the module works without any problems.

The configuration below is usually correct for a Focus MK3 after retrofitting the SYNC 1.1 APIM module:

7D0-01-01    111F 88C0 0354
7D0-01-02    4000 001A
7D0-02-01    044E 4C00 0078
7D0-02-02    00DB
7D0-03-01    0000 0000 00DB

I've bought D1BT-14D212-ED from eBay.

It was listed as a module from an MK3 Focus.

Will that go straight in my car and work fine or will it require the extra work?

I was hoping it would be straight plug and play.

If it comes from a Focus MK3 which has the same specs (Audio system, Emergency Assistance, etc.) as your car it will be plug and play. If not the APIM module needs to be configured correctly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JW1982 said:

If it comes from a Focus MK3 which has the same specs (Audio system, Emergency Assistance, etc.) as your car it will be plug and play. If not the APIM module needs to be configured correctly.

This is the one I have bought 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152638962113

How would I go about configuring it if it's not set up for my car?

The APIM module is configured by AS-BUILT data. AS-BUILT configuration can be done with an ELM327 interface and the Forscan software.

• Thanks 1

I'm on the Forscan page now. All the windows downloads appear to be beta releases?

So I may need an ELM327 cable of some sort, my laptop and Forscan.

Is this going to be easy to do or will it be complicated?

Don't want to break my Focus but if it's easy to do I'm happy to have a go.

the sync module is behind the climate control panel on the focus (unlike the fiesta) and i used this video as a reference to access the module. it took me about 30 mins to remove and refit.

• Thanks 1

Hmm.. A bit trickier then.

Did you have to reconfigure anything?

I have a modified Elm327 heheh with hi can and lo can speed switch

its essential if your a member of this site hehehe :-) 

I enabled auto lock on my car with it.

But have enabled more on my older focus's with it :-)

• Like 1

Just now, james_60 said:

I have a modified Elm327 heheh with hi can and lo can speed switch

its essential if your a member of this site hehehe :-) 

I enabled auto lock on my car with it.

But have enabled more on my older focus's with it :-)

Can you recommend one?

And is the software as easy as clicking a mouse to enable and disable things or does it require coding?

anything less than v1.5 and NOT bluetooth.

There was a guide on converting it if your handy with a soldering iron

i purchased mine from a member here that converted some for people

But i WARN you. you can BRICK your car if you do the wrong thing. 

Im not joking !! try explaining to your Dealership how you did it.  shock horror

Only use it if you Know and understand what you are doing.

Jamie

Yeah, I suspected it may be dodgy to use.

Is there any way to get someone to do the change on the module for me if it requires it?

Other members / garages etc?

I presume a main dealership wouldn't do that.

Dealerships only update if there is a prevailing problem.

Im too far away but im sure there is a member closer that knows how to do it. 

Whistles for them !! :-)

Key is to backup your cars firmware/software before changing anything so that you can upload the original back if something goes wrong.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club